Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: so depressed today  (Read 6328 times)

rosekay

so depressed today
« on: November 16, 2015, 04:23:46 PM »

:'(  My daughter had a large ovarian cyst some years ago and had to have her ovary and tube removed.  When she went to have the stitches removed, they left a stitch in, and for almost a year she was back and forward to the doctors with the wound reopening, partially healing, opening again... we even asked if there could be something left in there causing it, and were assured no, that wasn't possible.  Eventually,she actually found a black stitch protruding from the wound and immediately went to the doctors - "Oh yes, it's a stitch".   That was all bad enough.  But all the messing caused problems with her other tube and she has had to have ivf as there is no way she can get pregnant normally.
She was very lucky and the first (free) cycle worked, and she has a lovely little boy.  She is desperate to have another child, he keeps asking for a brother or sister (her own sisters have several children each).  She had another ivf cycle, which failed, and has just this weekend had another egg re-implanted - but it's only a grade 3, and hasn't divided as much as it should have done, so is very unlikely to result in success.  I'm devastated for her.  All she's ever wanted is children.  It's so expensive to try ivf, not to mention the emotional aspect - she won't be able to do it again.  We've helped as much as we can, and she's taken out a loan to pay for this present attempt.  Sorry to go on - she's not told anyone else about this cycle, and I can't talk about it without tears at the moment, so please excuse my unburdening myself on here.  I'd gladly carry on with these awful hot flushes for ever if it could make this attempt work, but I don't think that's about to happen.    :'(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: so depressed today
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 04:30:27 PM »

:bighug: - why won't the medical profession listen to their patients!   :bang: :bang: :bang: …….

You need to mourn the possibility of more grandchildren.  Maybe in time the family as a whole can consider being involved with 'needy' children, it may ease the sadness.  Day care, class room help, fostering, baby-sitting or getting involved with an organisation such as 'home start' may help fill the gap in a positive way.

In the mean time, does the little boy interact with his cousins if they live close enough, that way he will be included in family history and begin to make his memories. 

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 05:18:28 PM »

Hello rosekay.

I also wanted to send a hug to you and your daughter. Many of us know what it is to really want children and life can be so unfair.
No real answers I'm afraid but plenty of warm thoughts.

Take care.

K.

rosekay

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 07:00:25 PM »

thanks so much for your comments - I know there's no real answer, but it does help to hear from you all.  Fingers crossed, but not expecting it to work - I've been researching and it seems that grade 3 eggs aren't likely to succeed, especially when it hasn't divided as much as it should have done by now.  I do appreciate you all taking the time to speak to me xx

rosekay

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 07:42:20 PM »

:'(  So, 2 weeks gone, and the pregnancy didn't take.  Even though I didn't think it would be successful, I'm just floored - nothing compared to how she feels, obviously.  Her heart is so set on having another baby - I try to make her look on the positive side, that she has had a successful one, but she says that doesn't help, she's lost 3.  Heavy hearted today.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 08:08:12 PM »

She needs to mourn.  Then get on with enjoying her little boy to give the body time to heal before trying again.  There needs to be a reason why the embryos aren't 'taking' and sticking.  It does become all en-compossing though  :-\.

rosekay

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 09:17:40 PM »

Thanks, CLKD.  It's so tough because I can't actually do anything to make it better.  If ever I needed a magic wand.... :(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »

Accepting that you need to mourn too and that you can't always fix the problems your family go through ……. sad for you all.

The thing is to talk about it.  These babies are real and part of the family even though they didn't get to Term …… however early or late they disappear they are real.