Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Exercise thread  (Read 31355 times)

Autumn

Re: Exercise thread
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »

;D I know what you both mean about the all or nothing!
The Cinnamon Trust volunteering motivates me as I know I'd be letting someone else down if I don't get out. The yoga is paid up front and having 'older' ladies managing to get to it is a kick up the bum for me too!!  I have a yoga video which stayed un-played for the whole of the yoga break through the summer...I really need someone or something there to sort of cheer me on. :ola:

Dulciana

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 01:40:42 PM »

My daily exercise lasts between one and two hours and involves using my arms and legs in lots of different movements, working on good posture, holding my abdominal muscles in a controlled way, exercising my fingers, and doing juggling acts with my brain - otherwise known as playing the pipe organ!    ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »

;D  I read that as Jajuzzi (sp) classes  ::)

Cinnamon Trust do good works!

I've exercised this morning: walked up and down stairs, into the garden and back, round an antiques shop  :D

getting_old

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 10:25:18 PM »

It's walking that helps me, except when it's wet and then I become a couch potato. I have been thinking of getting a dog and that might encourage me to just get up and go.

HR

I find it definitely helps, unless you have a dog, like mine, who hates any form of water!

Just caught up on Doctor in the House with the lady who was suffering a number of menopause symptoms and noticed that he mentioned exercise / walking could help.

ancient runner

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »

I walk, lots - got a pedometer and twitch if I don't get my daily 10k steps in. And as my user name suggests I run - well probably jog - usually up to 3 miles around 3 times a week. Used to love swimming but even with local oestrogen I daren't risk it much. Undercarriage currently playing up so running is somewhat curtailed as well.
I think I get flushes more on days when I haven't run for a bit. Exercise is certainly essential for my mental health.

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 02:56:50 PM »

Where do U get time to run 3 miles a day  :-\ ………. I suppose watching TV in the afternoons is the time I could go out for exercise ……… otherwise  ::)

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »

TV in the afternoons CLKD  :o  I rarely watch TV before 9 pm, nor sit in an armchair!!!!

You do lots of walking though don't you?

Hurdity x

Linsey44

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »

Just to add to your horror at afternoon tv Hurdity I have been known to watch it in bed in the morning. Yikes. 

;D

getting_old

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »

Audio book whilst out for a walk, or treadmill in front of the TV?

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »

Treadmill in front of TV  ;D

However …….  treadmill is upstairs and TV is down  :whist:

I don't do as much walking as I ought to do, nor as many miles as 10 years ago.  When we walked from the camp site into Brighton and back : 4 miles : as well as walking round town, it was great.

Hurdity

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »

Linsey44 - funnily enough I don't find that so bad ( sorry CLKD!) - because now I work part-time and self-employed if I get my husband to wake me early enough with tea, I do read in bed sometimes in the morning which is the same idea! TV is downstairs so that couldn't happen in our house!

Walking is very relaxing and gets the old endorphins going..... :)

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 02:39:48 PM »

Hey, not so much of the old  ;D

I've been walking round shops this morning, does that count?

babyjane

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2015, 03:03:36 PM »

Walking is very relaxing and gets the old endorphins going..... :)

I agree, I have walked most days since getting my little dog 11 years ago.  As he gets older we don't go as far or as fast sometimes but we still go out for 2 shorter walks most days now.  I always feel better when we get back and he seems to as well  :)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2023, 06:19:55 PM »

Watching the mens gymnastics on BBC2 ......... I've never been able to touch my toes  ;D and these guys are turning themselves inside out  :o.  The amount of training it must take to be able to hang on those bars for example, or do a handstand during the mat exercises.  Spatial awareness is a must!

Ayesha

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2023, 01:29:47 PM »

After 9 months of taking statins I hadn't realised how bad the effects would have on my muscles to the extent I could no longer exercise, my muscles have become badly inflamed.

20th September I decided enough was enough and gave up the statins. Since then I have started to improve enough to start exercise again and go on the threadmill every day for 10 minutes and sometimes 15 minutes but obviously hope to improve on those figures.

Can't believe I am so useless at taking meds being so intolerant of them, nothing seems to work and pharmacist is figuring out what to do for me but one things for sure it will not be another statin med.
Pages: 1 [2] 3