Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: NICE Guideline on the diagnosis and management of the menopause  (Read 10112 times)

Hurdity

Re: NICE Guideline on the diagnosis and management of the menopause
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2015, 08:28:05 PM »

That's a great article Greenfields - I haven't yet read the Aussie one but have bookmarked it. Janet Street-Porter is so straight-talking and a no-nonsense sort of woman so I just thought I would quote the last bit from her article:

"Half the panel members who advised Nice on HRT have links to drugs companies, but does that make them biased? Most medical experts receive help for research and Nice does not hide that information.

About a million women currently take HRT. I am one of them. I've been taking it for more than 20 years, and I am tired of my body being a battleground for medical research. I live a healthy life and find all the endless talk of cancer a profoundly negative industry that I do not want to blight my existence. My sister died from cancer, but she was a smoker. I have regular check-ups, but if I were to believe all the twaddle that's spouted daily, I must not drink, not worry, not eat red meat and basically live the bloody life of a Carmelite nun in order to reach 100. Quite frankly, I'd rather pop a small pill, have fewer wrinkles, stronger bones and bypass the mood swings (aside from the impotent rages brought on by medical scaremongering).

Ignore the warring medics and listen to me: HRT can change your life – for the better."

Well said Janet :)

Hurdity x 
Pages: 1 [2]