Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Now not getting on with Femseven Conti Help!  (Read 4051 times)

sidse

Now not getting on with Femseven Conti Help!
« on: November 12, 2015, 10:55:21 AM »

Hi all,
Well it seems that I spoke too soon when I said that I was doing well on Femseven Conti. Having been on it for nearly 3 months, I have started to feel that I have very bad PMS - extremely tender breasts, restlessness etc etc. Could I be sensitive to progesterone? I have a GP appointment on Monday and I am considering asking for Estradot (?) and a separate progesterone. What are my options?

Hurdity

Re: Now not getting on with Femseven Conti Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 12:16:12 PM »

Hi sidse

If you are suddenly feeling like this then perhaps you were not completely post-menopausal when you started this HRT, remembering that the diagnosis of menopause is 12 months completely without a period. It would be surprising suddenly to become sensitive to the progestogen when you've been OK up to now, I would have thought? To me it does sound very much like your own cycle breaking through.

I use Estradot and Utrogestan (micronised progesterone) on a 2 monthly cyclical basis - but I am well post-meno and in early 60's. The only other progestogens are synthetic - Mirena coil which delivers progestogen directly to the uterus with minimal systemic absorption ( same progestogen as in Femseven so good chance you would tolerate this if you've been OK so far on Femseven) or MPA - Provera - which is taken orally. They are listed here: http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

Hope this helps  :)

Hurdity  x

sidse

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »

Thanks Hurdity. I wondered if it had just started to affect me, as the contents of the patch take a while to build up. Would it be a problem for me to go down the Estradot and Utrogestan route and could I take the later vaginally? I don't really fancy the Mirena coil - don't know why...

sidse

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 09:54:16 AM »

Just to add, I originally asked for Estradot/Utrogestan as this was the advice given by Dr Currie in her email consultation but my GP said that he couldn't find it in his book! Is it known by a different name?

honeybun

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 10:00:21 AM »

If they can't find Utrogestan the n ask for them to look for micronised progesterone.

Same thing.....different name.

Honeyb
x

sidse

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 01:04:25 PM »

I think that you are right Hurdity about my own cycle breaking through..... I have just started a period. Hopefully this may give me some relief from my PMS. I am now really confused about what to say at the doctors on Monday. I have even been thinking that cutting my Femseven 50 in half might be an option..???  Losing the plot.

Trufflecat

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 06:08:28 PM »

Sides, almost exactly the same thing happened to me on Evorel sequi. I am perimenopausal, but have started on HRT to mainly deal with pmt. It did seem to help for a couple of months, but after applying the combined patch at the start of the third week on the fourth cycle I became very, very depressed. Plus I was totally exhausted. I am now on Utrogestan 25 days on as three off, plus 50mg of Evorel oestrogen only. My GP did have trouble finding g the Utrogestan.

robotwars

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 08:16:39 PM »

that's exactly what happened to me truffle cat, my doctor has changed me to femseven sequi, to see if it makes a difference.......... on week 4 of first month at the moment!!!!!!!!

Trufflecat

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 08:27:35 PM »

Good Luck! I'm only a week in.