Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Menopause sucks!  (Read 1811 times)

Jonnysmum

Menopause sucks!
« on: November 12, 2015, 01:17:31 AM »

Hi all. New to this site but already after reading some posts I am starting to feel better. I started menopause about two and a half years ago...aged 47. What a fab time this was....flushes, forgetfulness, tired...can't sleep and now...Palpitations! Does it get any better than this.....yes...forgot to mention....newlywed and I have the sex drive of a slug!
Can I just say...thank you..reading your posts has made me feel that there are some people out there that do really understand. :)

Galadriel

Re: Menopause sucks!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 07:13:21 AM »

Hi Johnnysmum and welcome to the forum.

Yes it does suck! It also changes the goalposts when you're not looking.  >:(

There's heaps of information in the green tabs above for you to read and lots of very helpful and knowledgeable ladies with great advice.

If it wasn't for this site and the lovely ladies, I'd have lost the plot a couple of years ago.

Galadriel x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 08:20:59 AM »

Couldn't agree more

:welcomemm:

Honeyb
x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:48:42 AM »

Hi Jonnysmum

I agree too! However it does get better - I am post-menopausal in my early 60's and have been on HRT since late peri-menopause. Altough I didn't get my old self back completely, I am on an even keel now my hormones aren't surging around and I have sufficient to enable me to have a good quality of life and do more than I did a few years ago  :)

Some women find that HRT alone - especially transdermal - can help with sex drive, while others have found that testosterone therapy is also helpful (although not licensed on NHS).

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »

:congrats: :cake:

Browse round!

katiecat

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »

Hello Jonnysmum, It sure does! Why do women endure periods, childbirth and bloody menopause!!  ;) Sorry I Sound like a feminist!  :) I feel that the menopause is always joked about as though it's no big deal but is worse than puberty and depression! Thank God for wine! xx