Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hyaluronic acid?  (Read 17799 times)

Hurdity

Re: Hyaluronic acid?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2015, 04:21:33 PM »

Maybe if the skin/tissues is/are thinner due to VA it feels hotter - thinner skin is always more sensitive - think of the sensitive areas your outer skin... and how you test a baby's bath water (with elbow!).

Hurdity x

spookstreet

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2015, 08:26:26 PM »

Your pee will leave the urethra at body temperature  ;) - it can't be any hotter.

What did your GP say about your pee?  What makes you think it's too hot  :-\ - it always surprises me how warm mine is if I splash when taking a sample  ::)

Well, it does feel hotter! And as I said, I know that's the case because there are times when I pee when it feels 'normal'/like it used to do!

The urologist who did a physical exam and the GP have both accepted this as a VA symptom ...

spookstreet

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2015, 08:27:13 PM »

Maybe if the skin/tissues is/are thinner due to VA it feels hotter - thinner skin is always more sensitive - think of the sensitive areas your outer skin... and how you test a baby's bath water (with elbow!).

Hurdity x

That does make sense, Hurdity: it's these damned fine tissues you get post-menopause!  >:(

spookstreet

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 08:28:14 PM »

thanks spookstreet :)  After reading all 17 pages of this thread yesterday http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,22886.0.html  I realised what was wrong with me, worth a read.

I have taken a look at that thread in the past - made me realise that I really don't have much to complain about compared with a lot of women!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »

However: your problem is yours - nothing is less or more here!  If it bothers you then talk about it.  Ask.  Share.  Discuss  ;)

Pee leaves the urethra at body temperature  :-\ ……….. maybe pee into a pot and use a thermometer for 3 days/nights.

spookstreet

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 04:42:52 PM »

However: your problem is yours - nothing is less or more here!  If it bothers you then talk about it.  Ask.  Share.  Discuss  ;)

Pee leaves the urethra at body temperature  :-\ ……….. maybe pee into a pot and use a thermometer for 3 days/nights.

:)

SilverFairy

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »

I use this product 

http://www.hyalofemme.co.uk/

It gives you all the science bit too  :)

spookstreet

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 06:39:20 PM »

I use this product 

http://www.hyalofemme.co.uk/

It gives you all the science bit too  :)
Oh, many thanks for that, SilverFairy  :) - I've never heard of it.

But as I'm not noticing much change with the Replens, I'll give it another week or two (I've only been on it a couple of weeks, so not really a fair test yet!) and then ask my GP if I can get HyaloFemme on prescription ...

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 08:30:41 PM »

Sounds good SilverFairy - I've never used it as I am plumped up with HRT and local oestrogen (sound like a chicken don't I?). Will read the science another day  ::)

Was going to say (politely  ::) ) that we're not supposed to put commercial links to menopause products but I see that this one is available on prescription here too http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php so that's OK then! Also it might be cheaper to get it prescribed especially if you get more than one tube on your prescrption or if you don't have to pay :)

I'm all for women being able to get as much as possible on NHS if it is needed!

Hurdity x

spookstreet

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2015, 08:50:20 PM »

Sounds good SilverFairy - I've never used it as I am plumped up with HRT and local oestrogen (sound like a chicken don't I?). Will read the science another day  ::)

Was going to say (politely  ::) ) that we're not supposed to put commercial links to menopause products but I see that this one is available on prescription here too http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/local.php so that's OK then! Also it might be cheaper to get it prescribed especially if you get more than one tube on your prescrption or if you don't have to pay :)

I'm all for women being able to get as much as possible on NHS if it is needed!

Hurdity x

Thanks for confirming that it's available on prescription, Hurdity - very useful to know if and when I cross-question my GP about it!  :)

Linsey44

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »

Hi spook street, i use a hyaluronic supplement as this encourages cells to hold 1000x more water therefore plumping the skin.  I use it for maintaining my skin and joints as opposed to VA / burning symptoms.

Personally although HA may help slightly I doubt it would alleviate your symptoms entirely.  You could consider D mannose supplements  to help bladder and maybe bio curcumin which is a powerful anti inflammatory.

Although i take low / medium dose  systematic hrt, I still use yes water based lubricant as required.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

Linsey x

spookstreet

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »

Hi spook street, i use a hyaluronic supplement as this encourages cells to hold 1000x more water therefore plumping the skin.  I use it for maintaining my skin and joints as opposed to VA / burning symptoms.

Personally although HA may help slightly I doubt it would alleviate your symptoms entirely.  You could consider D mannose supplements  to help bladder and maybe bio curcumin which is a powerful anti inflammatory.

Although i take low / medium dose  systematic hrt, I still use yes water based lubricant as required.

Sorry i cant be of more help.

Linsey x

Thanks for that, Linsey - very useful advice!  :)
Pages: 1 [2]