Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Nervous" stomach?  (Read 17177 times)

toffeecushion

Re: "Nervous" stomach?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »

Do you find that when ever you go somewhere you have to know where the toilets are, just in case.  I must know where all the toilets in London are now

honeybun

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 08:20:45 AM »

It's more my bladder that concerns me while I'm out. I stay in a pretty rural spot so it's bushes that I'm more familiar with  ;D

I hate going to the loo to move my bowels if I'm out as anyone with IBS will say.....It's not a quiet thing to do and I am so nervous of anyone hearing me.

I can honestly say I hate my digestive system and its my worse problem by a country mile. Every thing else I can cope with.

Honeyb
x

Machair

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 08:29:32 AM »

Yes Toffeecushion knowing the toilet locations is really important. However I am often well enough that I do not even need to know where they are, and can then be caught out by an event that makes me nervous again for ages.
For example my local town is about 3 miles away, and if I go there in the morning for shopping I can either be fine all the time, and not need the toilet, or on a bad day be so ill that I literally go from one to the other all the time. Standing still in queues affects me really badly, as I also have ME/CFS, and have blood pressure crashes where the blood pools in my legs which seems to makes things worse. Heat also makes the bowel issue worse as well.
The worst place for me for the bowel issues is long haul flights as my son lives in the US so I use them frequently. Then I will take Immodium just to be sure I am not in a flare on the aircraft.

toffeecushion

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2015, 08:36:25 AM »

I understand the flying concern.  I now pick my seat right next to the toilet, not very nice at times, but needs must.

Anyone ever queued up at passport control in Orlando Airport trying to get out of USA.  It is my very worse nightmare.  I hate it with a passion.  We were there a couple of years ago, while I was having a heavy flooding period and once you are in the queue you are stuck there for what seems like hours.  We haven't been back since because it was so difficult for me.

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 10:35:42 AM »

I very rarely have diarreah all day. As a matter of fact, IF I go to the toilet later in the day my bm is usually very solid. Sometimes even difficult to get out. No wonder I have hemmorhoids, I guess. Anyone else experiencing this pattern of loose stools only in the mornings?

toffeecushion

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »

I am the same.  Can't believe we are talking about this ;D

Machair

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 11:57:13 AM »

Me too nearly always first thing when I have an attack - typical for IBS more a problem in the mornings. Yes I know we are talking about these very personal issues, but I think this is why this forum is so important.

My worst attack was three years ago when I still had heavy periods. Day 2 it was in Tucson - my son lived in Arizona then (now lives in Hawaii). We were going to fly home that morning, and my son was driving us to the airport. He is very laid back, and said we had plenty of time, but I thought time was tight. It was 5am- absolutely beautiful day there- sun was just coming up, desert was in the distance, cacti as big as houses lined the route. However- I had period day 2, loose bowels and urgency, and how I got to the airport without having an accident I will never know. I was also very grief stricken leaving my son, as anyone who has a family member living abroad will appreciate. I just got to the toilet in time, only just, and my goodness was I ill. I think it was a combination of heat,rushing, emotions and hormones not to mention different food and eating times. Probably my worst event but there have been more so yes you are not alone. It is more common than you think, people don't talk about this much and suffer in silence.

Kathleen

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 01:28:10 PM »

Hello again ladies.

I agree that loose bowels are more common than is supposed.
My trusty meno book which is probably out of date, only talks about Diverticulitis and constipation with the  menopause but I think the posts on this site indicate that problems are more extensive than that. Also, I was dismayed to learn that a possible side effect of the patch I'm using is diarrhoea and nausea, just what I don't need! Oh well, I suppose that at least confirms that hormones definitely impact on digestion!

Wishing everyone well.

K.

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 01:41:57 PM »

I have never been sure whether my patches have made my stomach issues worse rather than better.
What patch are you on Kathleen, I have never read my patient info leaflet, I hate scaring myself  ::)

Honeybun
X

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 05:23:36 PM »

I am the same.  Can't believe we are talking about this ;D

I think it's GREAT that we're talking about it :)! In a way it's really weird how it's SO difficult to talk about poop - all people do it. Not to speak of periods. Half the population has/has had/will have them, and still it's such a taboo topic...

This is probably one of the most comforting and supportive forum I've ever been a member of... :) Thank you all :)!!

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 06:29:38 AM »

Another thought. I wonder if you're more prone to diarreah problems in peri if you've never really had constipation? I've always either been "normal" or lose. Never constipated really. My hormonal reactions previously have been lose stools/diarreah at the onset of my period for instance. But then it's usually the prostaglandins that are blamed, right?

Today I'm still lose with the addition of having had a hot night and a stuffy nose. Being too hot at night and the stuffy nose are PMS symptoms for me. My period is due in about 4 days. We'll see...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2015, 03:51:35 PM »

Let us know!  I was constipated aged about 9 it was AWFUL.  Sat on the loo for hours but was unable to pass nowt  :-X

Nerves + no loo close by = have to go NOW  >:(

I also find when I eat red meat my bowel slows up, I think the fibres take longer to digest  :-\.  I know too that if we are travelling and I know I ought to go my bowel shuts up  :bang: so I feel like I 'need' but can't!

Kathleen

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2015, 12:00:54 PM »

Hello again ladies.

honeybun - To answer your question I am using Evorel 50 mcg patches, they are the ones with Norethisterone as the progesterone. Nausea and Diarrhoea are listed as common side effects (affecting less than 1 in 10 people). I did some research on line and I think the same things are mentioned for Femseven patches.
I think you've said that you are on half a patch so presumably any side effects would be reduced.

I have been thinking of reducing but today I am super flushy, palpy, generally on edge and miserable so I will have to re consider that one!

Feeling very fed up today and am of the opinion that with the menopause, no matter what you do, you just can't win!

Wishing you well and hugs to all.

K.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »

Do you feel 'better' knowing that it could be a 'side effect'?
Pages: 1 [2]