Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: A bundle of hormones....  (Read 2789 times)

A bundle of hormones....
« on: September 17, 2015, 04:21:28 AM »

I've been pretty good for a couple of days but hormones have hit me again, I guess. Felt a little crampy yesterday with increased mucus. My boobs have been kind of mellow for a few days too, but last night it almost felt like they were cramping too.... Today they are sore to the touch. I still have some cramps and bachache. Ovulation craziness? Yesterday I was reading about sore boobs and that the rise of estrogen before ovulation causes this. Than I read somewhere else that the rise in progesterone after ovulation causes this problem. Sounds like you could have sore boobs ALL the time....

Taz2

Re: A bundle of hormones....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »

I went through a stage in my forties of mine being sore most of time I seem to recall. I just thought it was part and parcel of entering a slightly different phase of my life to be honest. I've always had bad pmt and at the time didn't realise that not everyone did. One of the good things about getting into my early fifties and the hot flushes starting was the fact that the pmt just disappeared along with the sore boobs and headaches. Of course HRT brought most of that back but I just felt I was back on an even keel so to speak - it was what I was used to.

Twenty years ago there was no access to the internet so I just got on with things not realising that there may have been something I could do to alleviate it. Now at the age of 61 I don't get any breast symptoms at all even on full HRT.

Taz x  :hug:

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 07:02:59 PM »

It's a roller coaster... They were painful this morning, but much less again later on. I've been to yoga, and was able to lay on my stomach and chest without a problem. Well, my stomach was (is) kind of bloated, so that made me a little bit uncomfortable instead, but the boobs were fine. Last yoga session two weeks ago happened to be on the first day of my period. At that point I remember my boobs being HORRIBLY swollen and sore, and it was REALLY uncomfortable to lay face down on the mat. So it goes up and down, up and down, up and down.....

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »

Yes 20032003 - both hormones are responsible for development of and changes in the breasts! Like Taz I used to get painful breasts a lot of the time - I had fibroadenosis and lumpy breasts anyway but must have got worse during peri-menopause but now even though on HRT I too don't get symptoms like that any more.

Hurdity x