Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Concentration issues  (Read 2931 times)

TropicalVon69

Concentration issues
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:55:06 AM »

Morning ladies....feeling wonky, weird n woozy today..anxious, just weird.......does anyone have concentration issues?...its like when I try to think of something it vanishes....concentrating on a book or film etc is difficult too sometimes.....random sometimes nonsense pictures and thoughts in my head, prob had this pre peri but deffo more apparent...I feel so spacy, probably due a cry....ffs so fed up of this nonsense....period due

Smokey

Re: Concentration issues
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 02:56:19 PM »

Hi Blooming hormones, concentration memory, both bad, I currently have heartburn yet again!

And my period is due next week I think, I'm due a cry too, I hate crying especially if front of people!
I keep telling myself tomorrow will be a better day.

Take care

Ann x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 03:07:37 PM »

Yep.  We are looking for a pair of DH's reading glasses which he gave me during the week and which I am sure that i put straight into my handbag ….. can't find them anywhere and have no recall as to when he gave me them, which day, what I did with them ……. I can't remember story lines, I go upstairs and can't remember why …….. I suppose it's good exercise going up and down but it's is so time consuming  :bang:

I've been like the above for about 6 years ……. I really ought to make notes as I go through the day due to lack of recall but I forget to make them.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 04:04:12 PM »

Oh heck that sounds like me with my hubby, especially if he goes on a rant  ;D

My main issue is short term memory problems. I do something and then ten mins later I can't remember and have to go back and check. The central heating is one...I turn it off and then can't remember. Locking the door at night is another. I have to go back and check. It's as if I'm doing things on autopilot and not paying enough attention.

Long term memory is good though and I do like to read and can remember books. My attention span is short as I get easily bored. I really have to be engaged or very interested to allow me to see things through....like watching a film.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »

'auto-pilot' - that's it exactly!

It upsets me, the time I spend looking for my reading glasses; where I've left my latest book/newspapers/magazines; shopping lists  :-\ because it is so time consuming and it makes me tired trying to get my brain to back-track  :(

Babsm67

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:30:23 PM »

It drives me mad!  Last night, my husband ran through the schedule for this morning regarding our daughter's MOT.  She dropped off her car last night & my husband dropped her off home as she didn't want to stay the night at our house.  She then caught the train to come back to our town this morning to collect her car.  Do you think I cou!d remember what was happening this morning?  No!  My poor husband despairs of me!    :bang:  This afternoon, we went shopping to help our son buy some clothes & it was really busy.  I found that I cou!dn't think straight in the crowded shops & had to get out - my mind just went 'blank'!  All the noise & being jostled was too much & my concentration just goes and, yes, I am forever putting things down & forgetting where I have put them - keys, reading g!asses, pen etc... :oo xx

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 07:31:29 PM »

Within normal limits unless one fails to remember not remembering: apparently  ::)

SadLynda

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 08:58:41 AM »

Needless to say another club to join.  One of mine is making appointments and the person says 'would you like me to write that down for you?' and I say 'yes please I will have forgot by the time I get back to the car' and they think I am joking (the car is generally outside).

How are you today Tropical?

Briony

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 10:45:12 AM »

Morning ladies....feeling wonky, weird n woozy today..anxious, just weird.......does anyone have concentration issues?...its like when I try to think of something it vanishes....concentrating on a book or film etc is difficult too sometimes.....random sometimes nonsense pictures and thoughts in my head, prob had this pre peri but deffo more apparent...I feel so spacy, probably due a cry....ffs so fed up of this nonsense....period due

This sounds very familiar. It's a horrible place to be in ...   :foryou: :tulips:

TropicalVon69

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 11:01:58 AM »

Hi ladies, thanks for the reassurance...and all your experiences..feeling a little better this morning thanks, just get myself into a panic sometimes n brain dead then after it...taking my daughter to the park :-)....tried to reply earlier but obviously didn't work  ::)....smokey, I don't care about crying anywhere now, would rather cry as it makes me feel better......felt very tense n wired this morning but meditation helped......gaaaah bloody hormones.....feels like my brain is being wrung out!!!.....keeping on keeping on hugs xxx

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 06:58:03 PM »

I say exactly the same - "I won't remember by the time I get home" and we have a His/Hers calendar - which I do remember to read most mornings.

We found the glasses by the way: I did remember correctly in that DH put them into my handbag which I was holding open; he found them where I had put them, but I have no recollection of doing that  ::)