Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: nauseous and terrified  (Read 14916 times)

Briony

Re: nauseous and terrified
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2015, 08:20:16 PM »

I too was thinking of Qlaira, but reasoned that you probably didn't even want to consider it after yesterday?

If at a later date you do want to think of alternatives, I think it could suit you. My biggest 'complaint' is the estrogen isn't strong enough for me. It would definitely reduce your bleeds and even though it's 2mg mainly (1 mg and nil on some days) this is bio identical, so different and less potent than what was in your pill.

I can fully understand if you don't even want to write the word 'pill' again, let alone take one, but it goes without saying that if you are interested, feel free to ask anything xx

pepperminty

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2015, 04:53:17 PM »

Hi Ladies,

I am much better , but a bit tired still and flat , but not surprising really.

Hurdity - I didn't think of Qlaira , to be honest as I have used the pill in the past with no problems and I  didn't expect any reaction at all!! HA HA !! Thanks for the support ref the meno nurse, she gave the impression that I must be imagining the anxiety and upset stomach, nausea  and headache and general feeling like death!!
 Well ladies that explains it all then , we are all imagining our symptoms!! If I was feeling well I could have told her were to stick her suggestions!!

Briony- you are right the word pill now fills me with dread after that experience and I am going to stick with 1/10 femeton for a bit. My period appears to be finishing today - day 6 so hopefully no bits of spotting tomorrow !

I just wish I could feel less tired !! Still rather that than teary zombie!

Hope you are all coping well,

Peppermintyxxx

Briony

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »

Good to hear from you. Glad things are calmer  :)

Have you ever had alook at the vaginal ring - Nuva Ring. It is meant to have fewer side effects than an oral BCP yet still controls your cycle.  Not seen anyone on here use it for HRT, but hysterectomy site users seem to rate it. It's something I may consider but wish I knew more about it!

pepperminty

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 07:39:53 AM »

Hi Briony,

No never thought of the vaginal ring, I must do some research! But I can't think that it would help with the meno as well as if it did surely it would be mentioned in some literature somewhere?
But to be honest I am a bit reticent at trying anything at the moment as I had such a nasty shock before!

I am on the new pack of HRT today so hopefully the oestrogen will kick in soon ( all be it the smaller dose!).

Hope you are faring ok ?

Peppermintyxx

Briony

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »

Apparently it's only be around in UK since 2009. More popular in France. Like you, I wonder why it's not more commonly suggested. Anyone?

pepperminty

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2015, 07:34:58 AM »

I think it does have side effects and the dose all though localised can still have side effects?

Hurdity

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2015, 09:26:17 AM »

Hi Briony and pepperminty

I think there is no reason why any one type of CCP would be suggested over another, if women decide to use this to regulate cycles in very early peri-menopause ( or late reproductive stage - eg when cycles become closer together, or when symptoms begin to appear) - because it is a contraceptive method rather than HRT. Qlaira would be an exception because it contains bio-identical oestrogen but still is not HRT! As you know many gynaes suggest remaining with the CCP in early peri to prevent menopausal symptoms, provided no risk factors ( because synthetic oestrogens are more risky to use health-wise). I seem to recall this was mentioned by Dr Currie in that DM article about use of HRT in peri?

However it sounds like it might be an idea for more to be known about this use of it in dealing with symptoms! The best way probably is to trawl forums but this is the main menopause one. Mumsnet might have some threads on the relevant board (ie not the menopause one which isn't used that much) - maybe where CCP is discussed? Not sure why women with hysterectomies would be using it particularly?

Sorry I can't help with specific Qs about the ring - I know nothing about it!

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2015, 07:07:06 PM »

Hi Hurdity ,

thanks , I think that if the contraceptive pill is used to mask meno symptoms but it appears that starting it much earlier and carrying it on through your 40s would be the answer . Starting it later seems  to open a can of worms, also the risk of any side effects are more in the first year of taking it. That increases as you get older.

I am definitely sticking to the HRT now. Although I am sooo tired. I seems odd that I fare better on one and a half tabs of oestrogen - one is not enough and 2 is too much!!

Do you think when I go back in 4 months for my check up I could request the GEL to top me up on top of the tablets when and if I need it as getting extra packets and splitting the oestrogen tabs in half seems a faff.

Peppermintyxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:25 PM »

I think topping up with the gel as and when you need it iscan excellent idea PM.

Hurdity

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

Yes sounds like a good idea. The main thing though would be to make sure you have enough progestogen to oppose any extra oestrogen you are taking so that your womb lining doesn't over thicken?

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 06:38:46 PM »

Hi Hurdity ,

I suppose that I would have to find out the equivalent of what a half a Femosten 1/10 tablet is in oestrogen in gel oestrogen form if that makes sense. As I just need a little extra it seems not twice the amount. I bet the nurse wont agree to it and makes me change type , which I am worried about as I don't want to start changing in case it goes more tits up again !!
The only problem I have is exhaustion, where I have trouble speaking I am so tired !

pepperminty xx

pepperminty

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2015, 06:48:40 PM »

As if I didn't need any more confirmation , I took one 2/10 femosten tablet 2 days  ago as I was one oestrogen tablet on the femoten 1/10 in the  pack short , so I thought  rather than waste a pack or miss a pill I would just replace/substitute it.
Well the next day even though I slept like a log I looked and felt awful again , not as bad as if I had taken a few days worth as before , but definitely more foggy and exhausted , therefor I can again only conclude that more oestrogen does not agree with me. Am I weird?

peppermintyxx xx

Hurdity

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2015, 07:07:54 PM »

A sudden increase in oestrogen can cause side effects in some women - but the side effects usually settle ( like in pregnancy when levels are very high). It might be that increasing the dose of transdermal HRT would have less of an effect. With tablets you have to take quite a large dose in order to get a certain level in the bloodstream - as so much is metabolised by the liver - and it could be this that is disagreeing with you rather than taking more oestrogen per se .

You're not weird!!! You feel what you feel!!!

Hurdity x  :)

robotwars

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2015, 07:27:40 PM »

Hi pepperminty.
I like you have tried prempak C, and I felt awful on it, tired, exhausted, headaches, nausea, then I tried cyclo-prognova and the same thing happened. Im now trying the patches and feel so much better.
Hang in there I hope you find something that helps you.  :)

pepperminty

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2015, 08:24:51 AM »

Hi Thanks Hurdity and Robotwars,

I think that is a very valid point about the sudden surge needing to be higher in tablet form. I am ok on 1/10 , but still feel very tired and achy and have meno foggy brain, But at least my moods are better- no panic ( well obviously a bit now and again , but I can cope a lot better) no tears and terror!

I have to stay on the Femosten 1/10 for 4 months until I see the meno nurse again and if I haven't had an improvement in tiredness and brain fog , aches and periods - although my last one was 6 days , so that was better than 10 days, I will perhaps suggest patches,

I do not know diddly squat about the best patches to use? I don't want any ones with man made progesterone , something with the same progesterone as the femosten - or utrogestan .

Dr Currie suggested well over a year ago try thr Femosten and if that doesn't work try:
 For the estrogen, take 1mg Elleste solo daily.
 For the progestogen, take Utrogestan 200mg taken daily by tablet at bedtime for 12 days per 28 day cycle. Utrogestan should be taken at bedtime because it may cause some sleepiness

But what is Estelle solo? Is it a tablet? Wouldn't I be better off on a patch?

If you are on the patch does it have the progesterone in the patch for 12 days or does the progesterone come in tablet form and you take it as well as the patch?

Is there one that suits most in patch form as with the Femeston ( tablet) which is kinder and suits more women?

Glad I am not weird!!

Pepperminty?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4