Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Freaked out  (Read 3004 times)

Spangles

Freaked out
« on: August 25, 2015, 06:31:40 AM »

Hi
Has anyone used rescue remedy with AD's and HRT? I woke this morning with a big black cloud of panic and anxiety over me and can't seem to shift it. I'm worried I getting ill again. I've got all the symptoms of palpitation, weak limbs, dry mouth, diarrhoea, shaky, sweaty etc. I've not felt like this in a while and it's freaked me out a bit as I don't know what has caused it.
Thanks
Shellb
xXx

TropicalVon69

Re: Freaked out
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:39:16 AM »

Can't help you there Shelb but I have had that feeling .....sending hugs....maybe try a YouTube meditation?....often helps me :-) x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 06:48:57 AM »

Can't see any reason why you shouldn't use it.

Maybe make a cuppa and go back to bed and try some gentle relaxation deep breathing.

Hope is passes soon

Honeyb
x

Sarai

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:36:19 AM »

I have ADs and use rescue remedy. I also take propranolol. I have no idea if rescue remedy dies anything but choose to believe it does. If I'm anxious I chew gum very slowly that always helps.

SJ

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:46:42 AM »

Hi

Know how you feel. I've been feeling like that for a few days now. I'm taking norethisterone to stop my period while I'm on holiday so I'm beginning to wonder if it's that that's giving me these panic attack things. Same as you, nausea, sweating but with terrible anxiety, awful thoughts that I shouldn't be thinking about which give me constant headaches and dizziness.

There's a prescription at my gp's waiting to be collected if I need it for citalopram but not yet collected it. Wondering if I should go get it today but not sure if you can take it with norethisterone?

Sorry I'm not much help to you but at least we're not alone 😳

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 11:10:10 AM »

Rescue Remedy has worked for me alongside ADs and BBs.  Relaxation therapy helped too: deep breathing as suggested.  You may have had a drop in blood sugar if your body was hungry and that caused you to wake suddenly = anxiety surges.  AWFUL  >:(

:bighug:

Spangles

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 03:30:08 PM »

Thanks for your replies ladies, I always feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one 😊
SJ I also use citalopram with my HRT as do many others.
xXx

Spangles

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »

Anxiety is crushing me this evening, just don't know what to do. Not been like this for a while, I just don't know how to stop it or how long it's going to last 😓

SJ

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 08:19:52 PM »

Ahhhh same here  Shellb.  I've just tried some relaxation techniques in the bath and I'm feeling a little better. Even just taking a warm bath and reading can help. Make sure your hydrated too. Every night I would have a couple of glasses of wine with tea but I cut that out tonight to see if that helps things. I also started taking citalopram this morning so hopefully that will help too.

Hoping that in the morning I won't wake up with the jitters, on edge, in such a miserable dark place. Read up on positive thinking all day today and going to try to live in the moment with my family because at the moment I'm missing it! I'm physically here but my mental state is away with the fairies😞

Spangles

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »

Yes I'm the same, I can't relax, tried a meditation and a bath but to no avail. I'm even getting anxious now about waking up anxious in the morning because I did this morning, my stomach is upset and I'm on the edge of a panic attack and I don't know why!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 02:11:01 PM »

If you stomach is upset maybe you aren't eating properly  :-\ = anxiety surges  :(