Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?  (Read 20180 times)

Briony

Re: does more oestrogen mean exhaustion?
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2015, 07:52:52 PM »

Thanks Hurdity ,

I am better now I have reduced the oestrogen and I am taking the progesterone - so am I a medical phenomenon ?

Just my luck if I was !

Pmintyxx

LOL - I once thought same thing about myself - and posted a similar thread to this. Looking back, I don't think it was high oestrogen but rather the amount of fluctuation from one level to another which caused that hideous fatigue? If nothing else, I think we both prove there is no 'typical' peri! x

pepperminty

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »

Hi ,

There is no problem with me taking the BCP and they were quite keen as it has lots of health benefits, such as improved bone density, regulation of periods and protection from ovarian cancer. They said give it 6 weeks to work and come back. The only thing they weren't sure about is whether it will be as good as HRT for my hooha and said to ask the meno nurse in a couple of weeks. They have given me mercilon as apparently marvelon would be too strong or something.

So if it works yehhh.

Can you get screened for the likelihood of complications on the pill Briony- just how increased do they think your chances are of having a stroke ?

Will be starting in 2 weeks when I finish the hrt packet.

Peppermintyxx

Hurdity

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »

Good luck pepperminty.

Is there any reason why you didn't go for Qlaira since it's bioidentical oestrogen?

Hooha?  :-\

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »

Hi ,

my Gp thought this one was the best and I didn't question it.

Hooha - foofoo - fandango - sorry my sense of humour!!

Peppermnity xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 08:56:59 PM »

Oh, hurrah we can be BCP semi twins ( though I take Rigevidon not Mercilon).

Why do you have to wait 2 weeks to take it? I switched to it when I was mid HRT cycle and my GP was fine with that. But I don't use it for contraception though, so that might be why?

Briony

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2015, 09:47:17 PM »

Really pleased you've been able to get it. Fingers crossed for you . It'll be interesting to see
how you get on with Mercilon as it's a similar dose to Qlaira's main estrogen dose, plus it has a less progesterone dominant progesterone. It's what I'd have requested if I was 'allowed' it (though I'd have opted for 3mg version as I think 2mg is making me spot too much still).

I wonder if I could be screened for my risk? I can see what the doc was saying - it clearly states 'not suitable for people who have migraines with aura', plus Dad was left paralysed down one side from at stroke at 50 .... but I do believe you have to look at quality of life too. I feel miles better on Qlaira, but I feel sure the 2mg estrogen in Qlaira is not enough for me. I'm convinced that's why I've started bleeding today and had a headache when my natural period would have come (blank pills not due for three days) - I just need to convince a doctor! I know HRT patches are lower risk, but for some reason the thought of 200mcg patches concerns me far more than the supposedly more dangerous BCP. 200 mcg just seems so high ?   :-\

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

I am all for quality of life. Could you not sign a waiver for your GP to day you are aware of the risks but still want to try it?

pepperminty

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »

Hi Girls,

I have no idea why he suggested I start at the end of the pack of HRT , but I am happy to do so.

I wouldn't want to take any major risks Briony, but it would be interesting to know just what they are if you could be screened.
Also , I wouldn't want the spotting either, and if I get it I will tell the doctor ( he said go back in 6 weeks) . I intend to take it back to back because I do not want to have a bleed after several months of long and heavy ones.
The patch sounds a better option as it by passes the liver - but you have to feel comfortable with the idea. At least you can reduce it quickly if there are problems.
I think if you have to bleed with Qlaira , it isn't for me , as I don't want periods if possible.

Anyway BCP twins, but not (bio) identical - ha ha !!

Slept well last night and don't look like a zombie, so that is a bonus.

Pmintyxx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2015, 08:10:46 AM »

Having read so many posts on MM about women trying high doses of oestrogen - I wouldn't be in a hurry to use really high doses, especially in the peri stage - 2mg is already quite high for the peri stage as your own hormones will be having an influence - kicking in and out. I found in my peri stage that I was better on a lowish dose, as with higher oestrogen I got headaches, felt dizzy and sick. I would have thought that you would be more likely to get spotting with higher doses of oestrogen as your womb lining would build up more?
It's all about finding the right balance of hormones and the combination of hormones that suit you - it's trial and error.
Briony - I suspect your own hormones have done a spike and that is why you are getting erratic bleeding.

Do keep in mind that there can be many reasons for fatigue - it can be triggered by viruses, stress etc. - I have had crashing fatigue at times that hits for no apparent reason but I realise it's a reaction some weeks after a stressful time or cold virus.  I now know I need to pace myself more, say no to taking on too much and I'm being kinder to myself. 
Pepperminty and Briony - do keep us posted.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2015, 08:13:07 AM »

Briony - yes 200 mcg patch is much much more oestrogen than 2 mg tablet HRT!! However not sure how it compares to the usual BCPs as these are different stronger synthetic oestrogens as you know...

Glad you slept well pepperminty  :)

Hurdity x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2015, 08:55:10 AM »

I'm confused about oestrogen levels. Everything I have read lately tells me that the younger you are going into peri menopause the more oestrogen you need to take. Presumably to maintain the higher levels found in younger women.

But if your own hormones are still dipping and spiking, if you add more high dose oestrogen to the mix won't it be mega high on some days?

dahliagirl

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2015, 09:18:45 AM »

If you are peri, maybe the rise oestrogen with your own hormones has induced ovulation?  It could be more than one follicle (and they can be a bit variable and substandard), as these things happen in peri.  That could result in a blip of your own progesterone.  (No basis for this - just idle speculation).

There is always the mirena and separate oestrogen-to-fit option, which always sounds good in peri situations where there is bleeding to control.  I have thought about it, although I am a bit squeamish about the idea, and have very little bleeding on hrt, in spite of the frequent bleeding I had without it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 09:23:06 AM by dahliagirl »

Pollie

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »

But if your own hormones are still dipping and spiking, if you add more high dose oestrogen to the mix won't it be mega high on some days?

And high oestrogen suppresses ovulation........?

This is exactly what I am trying to get to understand too !

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2015, 09:41:16 AM »

Me too Pollie. Just so confused.

I'm on day 21 of the BCP. Technically it should have sgut down my ovaries completely at least 2 weeks ago, because according to its literature you can't get pregnant after being in it for 7 days, because it shuts down your ovaries by then.

So why has my mood now dipped again and left me feeling anxious and depressed? Nothing should be dipping or rising anymore.

jedigirl

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 09:58:50 AM »

GRL, BCP pills on their own can cause mood swings. If you are having no other physical symptoms of hormonal fluctuations maybe it is the actual pill itself causing them, it is a side effect for some. Just a thought. If that is the case maybe a more oestrogen dominant pill would be better for you or progesterone dominant whichever you feel you are more emotionally stable on?
jedigirl xxx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6