Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: evorel or estradot  (Read 6325 times)

peri

evorel or estradot
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:48:18 PM »

I've noticed like a lot of ladies on here that since I've gone on hrt I've gained weight, although I'm still a size 12 my stomach (from below the navel) is bloated, also my bust has got much bigger.  I want to stay on the patches as I know they're a lot better for you, my question is might a change to another patch say estradot help with this? Have any of the ladies on estradot noticed it puts weight on?

Kathleen

Re: evorel or estradot
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 07:17:19 PM »

Hello peri.

Like you I am still a size twelve but have changed shape. I now have a more rounded tummy and upper thighs and I think my bust has increased also. I am using Evorel 50 mcg patches but at nearly 59 I guess I can expect to look a bit more matronly by now.
I've always been slim and at five foot two I don't think the new look suits me but I am prepared to live with it.

I am sure other ladies will be along with some advice and it may well be that using a different patch will help.

Take care.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

Hi peri - you can't necessarily blame weight changes on HRT but you can blame menopause! Our metabolism slows as we head towards menopause and fat distribution changes more to apple shape than pear shape. It can affect boobs though and make them a bit denser (as they were when fertile) rather than floppy things (which mine were before starting HRT).

I wouldn't have thought there could be any difference between the two patches in this regard as they both deliver oestradiol transdermally ( ie through the skin). Perhaps due to absorption you may get a slightly different amount on one than the other but not enough to notice!

Personally - nothing to do with weight but I much prefer estradot - was on Evorel initially but I found the patches far too big! I am coeverd with black squares as it is even with tiny estradot!

Hurdity x

peri

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 09:02:55 PM »

Thanks Kathleen and Hurdity

It's so annoying I used to be able to eat what I wanted when I was younger and certainly don't overeat now.  I think I am going to swap to estradot though as I'm having a reaction to the glue on the evorel patch.  I'm also thinking about increasing the dose slightly as I'm having a return of symptoms including flushes which spread up to my face, I've just gone 51 and feel my own hormones have dipped recently.

Peri x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »

I tested Estradot mainly because Hurdity spoke well of it, but importantly I needed to get my daily headaches gone.  Estradot has done that for me.  I've always been on max dose hrt so ordered 100 strength but these made my boobs so sore so I cut some off (end up with 3/4 stuck on) I really should try the 75s, they are a smaller size but these past 6mths (nothing to do with what particular hrt) I've gone pear shsped(size 8/10) but not confident showing my saggy backside !

Hurdity, I ended up with black squares everywhere then red marks where I'd scrubbed at them, now I hold a cotton pad soaked in make up remover (waterproof) and they're gone !

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 06:42:06 PM »

I have a repeat prescription from the GP for estradiol patches, so I get what is available at the pharmacy. I was concerned at first, but to be honest have not noticed any difference in makes physically. Now I have worked out how to remove adhesive, it's not a problem practically either. ( I put body oil on before a shower. The combination of shower gel, oil and water makes it easy to rub the adhesive off immediately after drying.)

Hurdity

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 07:31:13 PM »

Thanks for the tips re patches marks Annie0710 and Ju Ju. What sort of make-up remover? The only one I use is eye-make up remover lotion (sensitive) which is just a lotion rather than oil.

Interesting that your repeat prescription is not for a specfic brand Ju Ju - mine actually specifies Estradot.

Hurdity x

Annie0710

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:08:32 PM »

Thanks for the tips re patches marks Annie0710 and Ju Ju. What sort of make-up remover? The only one I use is eye-make up remover lotion (sensitive) which is just a lotion rather than oil.

Interesting that your repeat prescription is not for a specfic brand Ju Ju - mine actually specifies Estradot.

Hurdity x

I use the waterproof make up remover that is oil (where the colour separates but after a shake it mixes together) I just soak the cotton pad and leave on the mark for about 10 seconds then rub gently x

Kittyjay

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 09:17:48 PM »

Oooh just to say thanks ladies for the tip on removing the black marks! I took my son swimming this week and caught a few weird looks at my upper thighs covered in black rectangles! Gonna get some of that make up remover- thanks! Previously had to have a hot bath and scrub with a dry towel... X

Briony

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 09:47:10 PM »

Baby Oil works well too  ;)