Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: New Patch  (Read 2003 times)

Anjia

New Patch
« on: August 15, 2015, 12:42:58 PM »

I put a new patch on this morning and noticed after a few hours the tingling feeling come in my face.I posted last week about this tingling to see if anyone else had this problem this is my second month Im new to patches was on tablet form estrogen only. Would side affects happen so quick?

Limpy

Re: New Patch
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 12:57:05 PM »

Quick in what way, after this morning or after a month on the patches?
They could  happen after a month.
See how it goes, it may settle down when you've been on them a bit longer.
It can take between 3 to 6 months for HRT to settle down.
If it gets worse or troublesome contact your GP.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »

I put a new patch on this morning and noticed after a few hours the tingling feeling come in my face.I posted last week about this tingling to see if anyone else had this problem this is my second month Im new to patches was on tablet form estrogen only. Would side affects happen so quick?

I can't help as it's not happened to me but its worth telling your GP, I would think side effects would kick in pretty quick as they do in other things we add into our regimes , seems usually the good effects take longer

But I'm just summizing here, do you feel ok other than that ?

Annie xx

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 01:56:21 PM »

No not really Annie I had a mad coughing fit just now like there was to much saliva in my throat it came out of nowhere this used to happen to me a while back but I cant remember if it was before I started HRT or after .I really don't want to go back on tablets and I don't think I could handle the gel hope things improve x

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 04:16:53 PM »

How about building up on the patch ? Like 1/2 to start then bit more on next change and so on ? Till you find your happy measure ?

Annie xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 04:23:34 PM »

Anjia
The only thing I can think of that might cause this tingling would be an initial surge of oestrogen and this sensation may well settle down as your body adjusts to the hormones. When I went back on HRT I found many areas of my body had tingling and even painful sensations as the hormones reawakened areas that needed these hormones. I think this is a good sign - so don't worry.  Dg x

Sunnydays

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »

Anjia, with patches, I initially got tingling in my legs. I would also mention that when I started a conti patch, I started with just a quarter patch and built up.
A little different I know, but when I use Oveston cream (internally) I get the creeping sensation in my legs all the time.