Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: My Pill Diary.  (Read 57940 times)

LW44

Re: My Pill Diary.
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »

Glad things are still going well grl :-)  reading your posts you sound just like me ! " i can deal with any physical symptoms as long as mood ok "  ive been bleeding on and off had headaches and still some tiredness.. but my mood is improving day by day so the rest of i dont bloody care ! xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »

Thanks LW44  :)

Day 18:

Thankfully mood still very stable and normal. This is despite having a very worrying day about a couple of issues at work which will impact on my future there. Expected a dip any moment, but it didn't come.

I just can't think that the solution to all this awfulness ( and it really has nearly broken at times) was something as straight forward as just going on the Pill. It can't be that simple, and I'm not that lucky as a rule.

pepperminty

« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2015, 06:42:54 AM »

Lets hope you are that lucky and it is that simple!!

The pill has been much maligned over the years, as HRT I suppose. But if it works for you it works.

And it has come at a difficult time for you so that is good as you are more able to cope.

One good thing is that you haven't had to resort to the radioactive rats piss!!

If only life was like Disney, do the NHS do a prescription for that? - where are the singing blue birds and the fluffy bunnies ? What do we get - manic moods, painful joints and sore Hooha's !!!

Pepperminty xx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2015, 11:14:56 AM »

I'm never that lucky Pepperminty ::)

But just trying to enjoy it for what it is right now.

Sorry you have a sore hoohah, by the way ;)

Briony

« Reply #109 on: August 26, 2015, 11:23:34 AM »

If only life was like Disney, do the NHS do a prescription for that? - where are the singing blue birds and the fluffy bunnies ? What do we get - manic moods, painful joints and sore Hooha's !!!

Pepperminty xx

Wonder what Banksy's take on meno would be?

pepperminty

« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2015, 07:44:29 PM »

Would love Banksy to do me a picture !!

So Banksy , if you are out there make my day !!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2015, 08:00:13 PM »

You know how I said I'm just not that lucky?

Day 19:

Slept very well and felt absolutely  fine all morning through to mid afternoon. Then as I was reading a good book I suddenly got a nasty jolt of anxiety, completely out of nowhere. It quite shocked me. Then a few moments later I had a stronger one.

Haven't had another one since but they've left me feeling on edge, jittery and without that contented and centered feeling which I've been really enjoying these last 8 days.

Something chemical/hormonal most likely is going on though because shortly after the anxiety jolts I developed a headache which is lingering despite aspirin. I also felt a sudden slightly dragging tiredness even though it was only tea time.

And, not wanting to give TMI, but things got intimate with my husband and the sensation was so intense it was almost painful and with very little 'build up' if you get my meaning? Quite peculiar really.

Can only assume this might be a surge of my own hormones? But I would have thought I wouldn't be able to produce any hormonal surge of my own? Surely my ovaries can't produce any hormones anymore because of the Pill over riding them and shutting them down?

Feel rather glum tonight. But I knew it was all too good to be true, to be 'cured' so quickly and simply.

LW44

« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2015, 08:36:51 PM »

my god grl.. this is spooky - the similarities of our "symptoms"  i found a few times when intimate..it was all too much and intense ! i was thinking maybe it was the oestrogen i was taking.. it freaked me a bit.. but i do rememeber before all this i was highly sensitive at certain time of month.. think it was just before i started period.. with yr other symptoms youve probably had a hormonal blip.. unsettling though i know x

Briony

« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2015, 09:20:42 PM »

Look back over my Qlaira posts and you'll see how many early day blips I had. Trouble is, during the early stages, you judge things by days (even hours) and it's all very intense. After a while, you'll hopefully see things in terms of 'overall patterns' if that makes sense? I had very crappy days at the start (months 1-3)but not those hideous , days-on-end downers I had previously. Try to say to yourself, some form of effect, along with side effects, is almost inevitable for us sensitive peri girls. Today in some ways is good as it shows something is happening, you're moving on in the  process, and that means success is that bit closer too xxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »

Thanks LW and Briony. Trying very hard not to feel discouraged this morning. Felt tired last night but really thought I wouldn't be able to drop off because I felt anxious, but managed it quite quickly.

I'm just confused that I could be having a hormonal surge, when my own ovaries are supposedly shut down? The dose from the Pill is completely constant day in and day out, so surely there shouldn't be any surges? Very confused.

Briony

« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2015, 09:30:02 AM »

It takes a while for the pill to totally take control - it doesnt happen automatically. This month I am sure my own hormones are doing something in the background. I know that sounds crazy, but I am convinced. Today would be my natural period day, however, I've strung things out a few days as we're going away (ie not taken the blanks). Yesterday I had a headache and today I've started bleeding. It's very light, but there all the same.  :-\

pepperminty

« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »

Hi GRL,

when I remember your blips before this is not as  ' blippy ' as you have felt previously, so there is progress. I agree with Briony , we do at the beginning judge hour by hour. But it is hard to be objective when it is yourself . Overall it has been great for you so far and we all have our bad days even before the peri 'menace' opause.

Peppermintyxx

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

I wonder if I was being naive thinking the Pill will have already shut down my ovaries so I would never have another mood dip again? Obviously so. Ever the optimist me!

Briony, although it seems unlikely I think your hormones must still be in play to some extent hence your headache and now a bleed. That can't be a coincidence surely? With Qlaira basically piggy backing on top of your natural cycle I wonder if that's why you're getting the disruption now.

My GP didn't seem remotely convinced that the Pill would sort me out. But even he said to disregard anything that happened in the first month of taking it because my body would be adjusting to it.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2015, 08:10:53 PM »

Hi Pepperminty, you do make a very sensible observation which is quite reassuring. This dip doesn't feel as severe as ones I've had previously. I don't feel as out of control and panicky and irrational. Do I 'sound' a bit more composed, is that how you can tell?

pepperminty

« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2015, 08:23:03 PM »

Yes you do sound more composed.
I know myself when I am dreadful my posts are definitely tell tale,- you are much or composed.
As I am when I get my sense of humour back!

Pmintyxx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17