Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Coincidence??  (Read 3852 times)

Chi chi

Coincidence??
« on: October 09, 2015, 12:51:14 PM »

It's just dawned on me it's been 3 weeks since my last post on here where I was asking about the Charles Linden programme, just prior to this post I'd been feeling very anxious and down. For the last 3 weeks I've felt more upbeat and not so anxious except for the last 2/3 days, I'm back to feeling the dread, anxiety, low mood etc  :-\ I also upped my oestrogel to 4 pumps 3 weeks ago today, I thought my better mood etc was down to that? Last night (before I twigged) I dropped my gel back down to 3 as I wondered if it was getting too high? I've been suffering with insomnia for the last week also.
Looking at the calendar and my diary I'm now wondering if it's PMS?? I was supposed to take my monthly utro on the 1st October but skipped it this month as I was just starting to feel better from last months!
I've got my appointment with Annie Evans on Thursday also me and hubby have a joint appointment with Prof Studd on Tuesday although I don't think I'm gonna carry on seeing him

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Coincidence??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 07:50:43 PM »

Good luck with your appointments!

I also suggest with Annie Evans that you type up a summary of your history and what you've been on and tests etc, to take with you and for her to put in your file - I did this when I went so that a record of what I'd taken etc/ my menopause history was there. Only a suggestion though! I just wanted to do this for myself so there was no doubt about my history.

Hurdity x

Chi chi

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:01:13 PM »

Actually I was thinking of doing that Hurdity  ;)
Will do CLKD  :)

Chi chi

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 03:40:04 PM »

Just a little update, appointment went surprisingly well  :o to cut a long story short he agreed to prescribe me the BCP without any arguments! After trying to convince me to have keyhole hysterectomy  ::) When hubby questioned him about the risks re my smoking he said there wasn't any?? I had another bone density scan and my score has improved since my first one 18 months ago, it's now normal but low side of normal  :)
Hubby also had the test and surprisingly (for his age ) his scores were bad so he's continuing with his testosterone injections, he was going to anyway.

I'm still going to carry on using the testim gel although now I have to use a quarter of a tube a day, I've found this has certainly improved my libido. The BCP he has prescribed is Yaz, I'm a little concerned as I'm sure I read this isn't a good one? (I'll start a new thread about this) I could be getting it confused with Yasmin though?

Feeling slightly nervy about starting the pill but all in all feeling slightly more optimistic  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 04:22:33 PM »

Remind me: where do you live, outside the UK  :-\.

You could have a chat with a Pharmacist?  Keep up with brisk walking to improve bone density too.

Chi chi

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »

I'm in the uk CLKD

Dandelion

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 08:03:45 PM »

It's just dawned on me it's been 3 weeks since my last post on here where I was asking about the Charles Linden programme, just prior to this post I'd been feeling very anxious and down. For the last 3 weeks I've felt more upbeat and not so anxious except for the last 2/3 days, I'm back to feeling the dread, anxiety, low mood etc  :-\ I also upped my oestrogel to 4 pumps 3 weeks ago today, I thought my better mood etc was down to that? Last night (before I twigged) I dropped my gel back down to 3 as I wondered if it was getting too high? I've been suffering with insomnia for the last week also.
Looking at the calendar and my diary I'm now wondering if it's PMS?? I was supposed to take my monthly utro on the 1st October but skipped it this month as I was just starting to feel better from last months!
I've got my appointment with Annie Evans on Thursday also me and hubby have a joint appointment with Prof Studd on Tuesday although I don't think I'm gonna carry on seeing him
Hi Annie

HRT doesn't completely get rid of the extra anxiety, low moods etc, my hrt helps my physical symptoms more than the psycho ones, but it does help me feel a bit less anxious and depressed, and it's done wonders for my flushes.
I am on evorel and utro, and I had to climb right upto 100mcg patches before the flushes showed any signs of shifting, however.

I don't know if you can get too much oestrogen, I thought the body just got rid of the excess, but I might be wrong.

Annie Evans is great, I think, I watched a video of hers, and she really put the risks of hrt into perspective and made me think that the study that originally raised the alarm in 2002 was totally blown out of proportion, and how sad it is, that loads of women were put off hrt due to this.

Is Prof Studd no goood?
He said, in a daily mail report, that medication from the doctor is no good for meno induced anxiety/depression, (can't remember wording) but, a lot of ladies on here have had meds from the doctor and they must work to some extent, or surely, people wouldn't keep taking them.

Either way, best of luck