Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Lost my marbles and become unhinged  (Read 22225 times)

honeybun

Re: Lost my marbles and become unhinged
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2015, 06:32:44 PM »

Good on you Taz. It's heartening to hear of a success.

Re the fainting....that's exactly the way I feel/felt. The question I now ask myself is.

Have I ever fainted and made a show of myself....No
Have I ever thrown up in public......again ......No.

So the chances of that happening are so slim as to be almost non existent.

That's the thought I work with.

Honeyb
X

peri

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2015, 07:11:09 PM »

I have a fear of fainting in the supermarket.  When my mum was this age she fainted in the supermarket on 2 occasions and they had to call an ambulance.  She's no longer with us and it's probably psychological but I always feel Ill when I have to do the shop but am fine as soon as I get out.

Unhinged

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2015, 07:27:08 PM »

Hi Sparkle,

That's an excellent point, I have never thought of that, yes and I think it could well be the case that many around us are feeling like it too - not good for them of course, but quite a comforting thought! (I am going to start looking at people's faces, anyone with a frozen-looking face like mine might be feeling just the same).

Unhinged (shirley) x

Unhinged

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2015, 07:35:32 PM »

Yes we will, I mean we really will! It does show on people's faces when they're anxious, I just never thought to look before! Hey, this might be a way to distract ourselves from feeling anxious; studying and counting other people who are anxious - I can't wait to go shopping tomorrow!

Unhinged

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2015, 07:45:15 PM »

Ha ha ha, I will, I might get a coffee and sit and watch, you can study the 'baskets only' queue from the in-store café, probably get most of the anxious ones there as can make a quicker exit (at least that's what I usually aim for if I can manage without a trolley-load). It really will be interesting, I'm usually head down and looking inward if you know what I mean dealing with my own anxiety, tomorrow I'm going to look at other people! x

Unhinged

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2015, 08:18:59 PM »

I'm glad sparkle, you made me chuckle too, and the first person I see with a frozen face or a fixed grin, I shall ask them if it's you! (Good we can still laugh at ourselves in spite of it all!) xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2015, 08:46:39 PM »

I have a drawer of fixed grins since the 1980s  :-\ …….. good hourly rate  ;)

I would miss out the middle event and be home with my jimjams on - anything to avoid the anxiety; then I do something which should trigger it and I'm fine  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2015, 08:55:57 PM »

Whose first in the line?

Unhinged

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2015, 09:41:19 PM »

Yep count me in, can you do the frozen face and a stiff upper lip too CLKD? (This is weird talking to you on two threads at once ha ha!) x

babyjane

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2015, 09:02:02 AM »

can I come too?  :)

Unhinged

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2015, 09:14:10 AM »

You certainly can Babyjane, but be quick, I'm just writing out my shopping list then heading off to the supermarket to see how many other terrified faces I can see!   

SadLynda

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2015, 11:08:49 AM »

;D Another frozen terrified face here, or the one with the fixed grin for variety.

only way I can cope with shopping now is with my headphones in, blocking out the noise helps.

CLKD

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2015, 12:05:26 PM »

OH that was you I bumped into was it  ;D - don't use your mobile phone for texting whilst walking or I'll take it from your hand  :D (nother thread)

I used to stamp my feet ....... at least until I was in my mid-30s - would that be unhinged in any way ..........

SadLynda

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2015, 12:23:31 PM »

all normal behavoir to me ;)

texting while walking does my head in too, bet you laugh almost as loud as me when they walk into something :D

LellyM

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2015, 12:50:08 PM »

Anxiety is a horror. I had a spell on Anti-Ds a couple of years ago and they did seem to help but I weaned myself off them when I didn't feel things warranted taking them.

Now I do get an odd mini panic attack. Had one yesterday at work. There was no need/reason for it (as I am alone in the office for a week). But I still spend a good hour or so barely able to breathe with my pulse fluttering like a trapped pigeon.

Went thru a stage a few yrs ago of having almost blackouts. I would stand in a shop and feel dizzy then would get a cold feeling across my face and my vision would go black but a split second later I was fine. Doc said it was stress (answer to everything I think).

Asked him one if I felt tired coz I was depressed or depressed coz I was tired - that floored him (until he wrote a prescription for more Prozac). So these days I try to have what I call "Default state cheerful". I try to spend my whole life being optimistic and cheerful (annoys the hell out of people). Hubby is trying the same. We have both found it hard to do but effective.

L
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5