Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: fungal infection  (Read 2463 times)

gina123

fungal infection
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »

hi
has anyone had a fungal infectionn in thier toenails and did it feel as thought there was a pulse under your nail ..it's driving me crazy in both big toenails,,,
thanks

gina

SueRoe

Re: fungal infection
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 07:39:15 PM »

Yep fungal infection in big toenail. No pulsing though. I think I read that GPs will no longer prescribe the treatment for fungal nails because it's not that effective and the infection invariably comes back anyway. Over the counter products, I believe, don't work very well, if at all, and take months and months to do what little they do do. Ho hum.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 07:40:29 PM »

I've had fungal infected toenails for years and nothing's worked. Can't say I ever got a pulsating feeling though. Sorry.

Taz x  :-\

rosebud57

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:19:57 AM »

My husband was prescribed tablets, a few years ago, which did work. However I had just one big toe nail affected about five years ago which I treated myself.  I'm a great believer in natural remedies so I did some research and found 'cider vinegar' was a well used one.

All I did was file the nail (across the top as well as at the end) to make it thinner.  Then each night I put on a plaster with the pad sock in the vinegar.

I can't remember how long I did it for but it did work, so might be worth a try.

Just found this link which might help.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/110938-apple-cider-vinegar-toenail-fungus/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 07:41:08 AM by rosebud57 »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »

:bounce:

marras

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:03:25 AM »

Thanks Rosebud for that info. Am currently using Tea tree oil to treat mine and the idea of soaking the pad of a plaster in it for an overnight treatment is a good one and I will try it. Prefer the smell of tea tree to vinegar but neither is that pleasant!