Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety & Menopause  (Read 18084 times)

maerdy63

Re: Anxiety & Menopause
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2015, 01:12:02 PM »

HI Ladies. ive noticed if i have a glass of red wine some evening's, it completely relax's me. i have read up that drinking can make the anxiety worse the next day. has anyone noticed this. i never have more than 2 glasses of wine. what do you think? xx :)

dazned

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 04:07:46 PM »

Have you tried slow release propranol,it is very good for anxiety,palps,etc. Just a thought.

LellyM

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »

So far I feel that the Anxiety is the worst symptom I am experiencing. I wake up some days and just feel as though I am entering a lion's cage. My stomach will be churning and at the very worst I feel like I am having palpitations.

Usually I can deep breath myself out of it (practiced when I suffered from depression a few years ago). But these attacks seem a little more resilient to my "pull yr self together" thoughts.

And I have to avoid reading/watching anything too emotional or I am in floods of tears. Bugger. I can see a trip to the beloved GP for some ADs in my near future. Well, they worked last time so........

babyjane

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »

If you know ADs help then it might be best to chat to your GP about what is happening to you LellyM.  As an aside, when my anxiety was in full flow I would feel as though my heart was banging like the clappers but if I took my pulse at the time it would have a nice, steady rhythm so it was not speeding up my heart or causing damage, just making me feel really yeuch.

I got mine under control with St John's Wort as I don't do well with ADs and a very small dose of a beta blocker, so small as to seem negligible but it does level out the blips.

Good luck  :)

peripenguin

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 01:10:35 PM »

I've had panic attacks as well, though not for a few weeks touch wood. I'm on beta blockers and anti depressants which I hate being on but they do stop the panic attacks, though at the moment I am off work for a month so no idea what it'll be like when I go back :( I'm dreading going back but needs must as I am the only wage earner in the house :(

Dulciana

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2015, 12:53:19 PM »

A thing I've noticed recently is that I feel a bit nervous and self-conscious talking to men who I don't know particularly well, and I find myself blushing like a teenager all over again.   Ridiculous or what!?     :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:35 PM »

I find that if I talk with a man I 'fancy' I get tongue tied  :-X  :(

Peripenguin - if the medication helps don't knock it! after all, do you not eat when hungry?  The brain often gets forgotten ;-)

maerdy63

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2015, 04:24:19 PM »

hi ladies. i have this awful nervousness which i wake too every day. im on hrt now 2 months and new antidepressants just over a month. some day s it can be with me on and off all day. ive had it for 12 month s now. it not as debilatating as it used too be. the only way i can get rid of it is by taking a diazepam or having a glass of wine in the evening s. it my only anxiety symptom that i have now. except for worrying. does anyone else have this nervousness? has it lasted this long? also my leg s feel like jelly and weak. i hate the feeling :(

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2015, 04:26:54 PM »

We have a thread on health anxiety regularly contributed too  ::)

What dosage Valium has been prescribed and how often do you need to use it?  I find that because I know my 'emergency' med works for me, I only take it when I'm curled up shivering in a corner  :-\ with black thoughts.  Wine has never calmed me  ::) and it's the last thing I would grab.  My GP recommended that I found my relaxation tapes but I have to then remember a) where they are and b) to use them  ::)

Have you tried 'rescue remedy'?

maerdy63

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »

Hi CLKD. thankyou for your reply. i have been prescribed Diazepam as and when needed. i usually go through 5mg a day. two and a half mg in the morning and the same dose around tea time. it since our holiday in August, i was having a glass of wine with a meal. that i found it relaxed me,that made the evening more enjooyable. is rescue remedy good? can i take it with AD S and HRT? i will try anything if it will work.take care x

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2015, 06:12:27 PM »

5mg is OK 'as necessary'.  Do you wait until anxiety begins or use it 'in case'?  I used 5mg 'in case', i.e. the evening before an Event to enable me to get there.  If necessary I had an extra 2mg during the day.  But only when I felt anxiety, same with the current emergency medication.

Rescue Remedy is sold in many forms, i.e. mouth spray, sweeties and can be used with other meds..   I use the mouth spray before I go shopping, before the anxiety begins.

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2015, 06:46:52 PM »

If you are taking diazepam every day then you really need to be very careful. It's very easy to become dependent and very hard to get off them.

One now and again but they really are not for everyday use.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2015, 06:56:07 PM »

I'll add that my anxiety raises in case the GP won't prescribe more emergency medication but >phew< he did last week - should last me another 2 years as I know it will work so use it when I'm 'bad'.  If at home I try to rind the anxiety through but when on holiday DH hands me the packet, knowing that the sooner I swallow 1mg the sooner I will regain control. 

Do take care with the Valium!  Your GP won't prescribe more if he/she feels that you are taking it often.  It is for emergencies only!

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2015, 07:51:47 PM »

Doesn't it go out of date before the two years is up?

Taz x  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »

Nope.  The packet says 2018  ::) and they don't go off for years, like food, there's lots of lee-way (lea-way?)  ;) and when I'm desperate, I don't actually care.
Pages: 1 2 [3]