Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday  (Read 3098 times)

esmeweatherwax

Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« on: July 27, 2015, 04:52:01 PM »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced changing from Norethisterone 5mg to the mini pill? I thinkam 46 and been going through perimenopause for a while now, lots of heavy bleeding. I was also diagnosed with endometriosis in 2010. Last June I ended up in hospital needing a transfusion because the mirena coil fell out and I bled massively. I was put on norethisterone 5mg 3 times a day and was on it for 9 months. I was weaned off it through April, replacing it with Noriday. Since then my endometriosis symptoms have badly flared up and my periods have been long, heavy and clotty. The cramps have been awful, I have been worried that my body is so used to the high dose of norethisterone that it won't readjust after such a long time on it.

bev18

Re: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »

My 19 year old daughters on noriday and I don't think it works for her. Still has heavy periods and cysts etc takes it continuously.

I've been on norethisterone for year and half and was just told to stop taking it, don't think they like us taking it long term.  I had ablation last year due to the fibroids that sort of worked and seemed to have caused hormones to go into shock at the same time.

Sometimes it is trial and error.

esmeweatherwax

Re: Changing from Norethisterone to Noriday
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 08:27:11 AM »

Hi, thanks for replying, I had been on micronor before which after around 6 months got on top of the pain. I was persuaded to get the mirena because I was spotting a lot. I wish I had never agreed to it. They tried an ablation in February and for some reason it didn't work for me. Guess I just need to wait a bit longer and see what my body does.