Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Interesting information about supplements  (Read 1444 times)

Tabbycat

Interesting information about supplements
« on: July 22, 2015, 06:16:17 PM »

This is so simple, it's brilliant - information about health supplements condensed into one handy infographic.

Each supplement has its own bubble, the bigger the bubble, the more evidence/research there is about it, and the higher up the page it appears, the more effective it is. Click on a bubble to read the notes (some even have links to scientific studies if you really want the nitty gritty). You can filter by health condition and/or by supplement type.

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements/

Hurdity

Re: Interesting information about supplements
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 06:42:48 PM »

What an amazing concept - and according to the author, input from readers is welcome which is probably needed. So for example if you filter for women - DHEA disappears, but I know this is one compound ( that occurs in our bodies) for which there has been some research in (menopausal) women - so this is incomplete - it would be up to any of us I presume to send links to studies, so hopefully it can have multiple input like Wikipedia - as long as there is someone at the other end sorting out good from bad science and properly obtained evidence from the dubious!

I havent looked in detail but have bookmarked for the future  :)

Hurdity x