Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Long time no speak  (Read 7577 times)

babypink2807

Long time no speak
« on: July 20, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »

I know I drop in and out but I have been occupying my time a lot. I'm managing my HRT ok. I'm also managing my crohns and so far too my lung is still up. So ok for now. Oh and no more blood clots either

I'm 50 in a weeks time  and I promised myself this year I would make a concerted effort to do something I suppose you could call it a bucket list but it isn't really.  So this year I have been to Donnington Park to watch the motorbike racing I have been to see the TT races in the Isle of Man and I got a glimpse of my hero Guy Martin    I then have in the last six months been in training for the isle of man parish walk and I achieved 11 miles in two hours 47 minutes I was aiming for 33 miles but my body just gave in    I raised just short of £600 for Crohn's and colitis UK

I then decided I wanted to take my  motorbike test so bought a helmet leathers gloves boots and I passed my CBT I passed my theory and now I have just ridden my first big bike which was a 650 cc Suzuki  and I loved it    Hoping to take my test this year and then buy a bike and do a road trip with my friend over to the Isle of Man on our bikes

I have been having a terrific time visiting various bike are covered by can me and meeting lots of people it's been a fun time at long last

I still have Georgie I still have the horse and I'm currently in the throes of modernising my house since splitting up from my ex. I'm sure there will come a time where I crash and burn but at the moment I am relishing in the good times

Judith57

Re: Long time no speak
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »

Hi Welcome Back, I often wonder about you and how you are doing after a dreadful time last year. You sound really positive and you are obviously really enjoying life, I'm so glad for you xxx

bramble

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 08:22:24 PM »

How good to hear from you. Life sounds just peachy at the moment and well do you deserve it. Glad to hear Georgie is still doing well.
All the best,
Bramble

babypink2807

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »

Thank you both. I decided if I don't make things happen they won't happen

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »

Crikey - I was thinking about you this morning!

Guy Martin  :-*
Bradley Smith  :-*
Valentino  ;)
Mark Cavendish and Cal Cruchlow ……….

Is the Isle of Man nice?  I dread the crossing so well done you!

MotoGP at Silverstone this year before it goes to Wales?  ;)

babypink2807

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »

The first crossing to the IOM and the actual TT was the worst I had ever experienced, I was so ill.  The Sea Cat is not made for rough weather lol

The second crossing when I was going to take part in the Charity Walk was lovely, no problem at all

The Isle of Man is lovely, well I think so anyway, nice countryside, lovely beaches, tranquil and quiet.  But will warn you there isnt a lot going onapart from Manx GP, TT and Southern 100 and a bit of cycling

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »

That would suit me rather than being there at the TT.  I wouldn't like the crossing one bit, nor flying there  :(

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 09:06:11 PM »

Any1 watching Guy Martin in Nevada with a Ford Transit van?  :-*

Cazikins

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 11:18:35 PM »

Good to hear from you Blossom22.

Any1 watching Guy Martin in Nevada with a Ford Transit van?  :-*

I cannot stand his voice CLKD. ::)

CLKD