Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stiffness (not quite as oo-er as it sounds)  (Read 4597 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Stiffness (not quite as oo-er as it sounds)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2015, 03:29:29 PM »

I think the stiffness is simply about our joints wearing out and the menopause with ever decreasing oestrogen just makes this worse. If you have engaged in a lot of exercise that puts a particular strain on certain joints then inevitably those will be the first to give troubles.  Joggers will often have problems with feet, knees and hips.  As an ex dancer, I've got real problems with my hips, feet and back. I just do brisk walking these days to keep myself moving. I simply can't sit down for any length of time now as I seize up. When I get up in the night for a pee my feet simply won't work. DG x

andius

Re: Stiffness (not quite as oo-er as it sounds)
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2015, 01:37:43 AM »

My joints are in great shape....I have the X-rays to prove it (from checking out the foot/ankle symptoms).

HOWEVER, my feet/ankles hurt every morning and when I get up after sitting a while.  I did not have this when just taking vagifem, but I did have bladder/urethral pain that wouldn't remit.  Once I started on HRT, the feet/ankles began to hurt but no swelling though.  I think it is related to hormone replacement for me.  I took a hormone HRT off holiday and it went away, but bladder pain came back!..... so I went back on the HRT to make my life livable again.

The feet/ankle thing is annoying, but it is nothing compared to constant burning bladder/urethra and urge to go. That is just miserable.
It truly is a trade-off....nothing seems to fix everything in menopause.

A
Pages: 1 [2]