Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Endometriosis in perimenopause....?  (Read 18038 times)

Sphere27

Re: Endometriosis in perimenopause....?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »

Hi
I spent most of my life with endometriosis. Only way to really diagnose is with laparoscopy. I've had 6 laser surgeries over last 12 years. My latest was due to adhesions from endo giving me all
The symptoms you experiencing. I'm 50 now and been post meno for 2 years. On HRT now. If I hadn't been diagnosed my life would have been hell. The laser surgery kept me stable for 2 years at a time.,good luck. Don't suffer in silence. X

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »

I have a feeling of pressure in my back passage like I need to go ……….. almost all the while.  Then, like you, I try to and nothing happens. 

CLKD: Have you ever considered whether there could be a mental component to this? I've been wondering about myself, since they have yet to find something wrong with me. In the fall, when things hurt, I would always worry about what would come out of me... Even now, I think about EVERY morning when I wake up what my BMs will be like. Quite often they are loose and small. BUT, I'm really starting to wonder whether I'm unconsciously "holding back" when I go?? Maybe I don't get everything out like I used to because I'm not letting myself go properly? Does this sound really stupid? Could you "clench" your rectal muscles sort of unconsciously?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2015, 02:33:15 PM »

I think we can sometimes but when I need to 'go', that's it …….. and my motions vary in small rabbit like pellets (kept bunnies for years  ::) ) to being runny …… and anywhere in between.

I try to 'go' first thing in the morning which isn't difficult when I'm worried or going somewhere …….. and sometimes last thing at night if necessary.  But the feeling of something stuck is there when I have hard rabbit like pellets that get left behind.

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2015, 06:39:35 AM »

I try to 'go' first thing in the morning which isn't difficult when I'm worried or going somewhere …….. and sometimes last thing at night if necessary.  But the feeling of something stuck is there when I have hard rabbit like pellets that get left behind.

I more or less always go in the mornings. Usually 2-3 times. Before and after I eat. The reason I'm starting to contemplate whether there is a mental component to my pooping is that it seems that I have to go more times (smaller BMs) to be done these days. Before it used to be 1-2 times, and now it's more like 2-3 or maybe even 4 times some mornings. But the rest of the day I'm usually good. I might have the pressure, but I usually try to resist it because I'm worried straining will give me pain and hemmohroids (sorry, I cannot spell that word ;) ) again. And if I DO go - usually with the aid of pushing on the perineum - it will only be a tiny piece that comes out. My rectum seems to have gotten supersensitive to ANY little poo...

I also wonder about lactose intolerance/sensitivity. I tend to (sorry) sometimes have a small amount of mucus when I pass gas. I would say it happens maybe once a week or even less often, and the doctors didn't seem to think that it was worrysome. I have kind of related it to milk products... It happended this morning, and yesterday I tried a couple of servings of ice cream for the first time in a while. Last time it happened, I believe I had had some cake with milk and butter in it. I don't seem to be supersensitive in other words, but there seems to be a small reaction? That wouldn't be too unusual in peri, would it?

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2015, 12:19:04 PM »

If the body needs to clear itself, then it is best to allow Nature to do so.  This morning I didn't go a lot but my whole system including behind the coccyx feels 'clean'.  It does depend what, how much and when I've eaten in the previous 2/3 days  ::) and I know that hormones caused the runs 10 mins. before a bleed began, even if the period wasn't due.

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 02:16:55 PM »

Do you ever have a sore feeling too, or is it "just" pressure? Yesterday I felt dry all over and had some flushing of my face. I also had a dry, sore feeling in my rectum. Wonder if it's all connected...?

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 02:47:05 PM »

Could well be.  My eyes feel dry and itchy ……. no soreness but a feeling of pressure, like the bowel is needing to 'go'.  Comfy today ……..   :).

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2015, 02:50:49 PM »

I DO feel better :) . The last couple of weeks or so I've been conscious about what I eat. I still eat some "garbage" (like ice-cream, cookies, etc) but I've introduced LOTS more fiber to my diet. I make really nice salads off of the veggies and fruits that are in season and I make sure I eat at least two portions a day. Today we're eating a fresh cabbage, strawberries and feta cheese salad. Super yummy :)! I also have been buying bread containing more fiber, and that seems to help too. I've also been taking probiotics. 

My BMs are more "organized" ( ;) ) and I feel more "done" when I go. But it's ovulation time and I've had som cramping, bloating, and so forth, and then I start worrying AGAIN that there is something wrong with me... I know...silly... I feel GOOD, I sleep well, I have good appetite - I wish that I could believe I'm fine too!!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:27 PM »

:foryou: …….. we are what we eat apparently!  It doesn't take long for the brain to get negative though!  Keep telling yourself, hormones, hormones, hormones  ;) ……..  :medal:

Now have a  :cupcake:

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2015, 03:21:30 PM »

:foryou: …….. we are what we eat apparently!  It doesn't take long for the brain to get negative though!  Keep telling yourself, hormones, hormones, hormones  ;) ……..  :medal:

Now have a  :cupcake:

Thank you :) !

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2015, 03:33:32 PM »

That's OK!

The thing now is not to do too much too soon or you will burn up your energy levels! 

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 06:15:23 AM »

Shouldn't have said that I feel better... I had a horribly gassy night. But, then again, when I looked back in my period app I see the exact same pattern 3 months in a row. On the same day of the month, right after ovulation, I've noted "gassy". Weird pattern....
Pages: 1 [2]