Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Need to stop googling...  (Read 13362 times)

Rebelyell

Re: Need to stop googling...
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2015, 06:22:03 PM »

My lower abdomen is literally burning at the moment.  Have been massively anxious all day so it could be that.  Have never had trapped wind before, could it be that?  It is right under and below belly button.  Could it be IBS type symptoms starting at this late age? 

Have just finished course of anti-bioethics yesterday so hoped would be better today.   :-\

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »

IBS can really start at any age. Apart from the burning.....which could just be an acidic tummy....what other symptoms do you have.
Pain, urgency to go, constipation, the runs.

They are all classic IBS symptoms. The morning rush is another.

Have you tried some Gaviscon, that's helpful for the burning feeling.

A diagnosis of IBS is given when everything else has been ruled out.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2015, 02:11:34 PM »

I would blame the antibiotics!  I would be buying Greek LIVE yoghurt to eat several times daily to ease the whole of the alimentary canal!

Rebelyell

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2015, 02:41:07 PM »

I am seriously hoping it is the anti-biopics, although it started in a minor way four weeks or so ago and I thought the pressure on bladder was thrush so had three lots of flucanozole.

Since stopiping ABs it is really bad today and pressure on bladder feels like burning - but does also feel like wind bubbles on my top of my bladder.   

And so the anxiety circle continues...

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2015, 02:45:19 PM »

I can't remember what you are being prescribed but buying the LIVE yoghurt won't do any harm  ;) - if you feel well enough to venture to the shops  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2015, 03:37:41 PM »

Much better to buy a good probiotic to get the good bacteria back into your gut. Unfortunately yogurt and the little drink things don't work that well as your stomach acid kills off most if not all of the good bacteria.

Have a look at Natures Best website. Good quality and reasonably priced probiotics there.

Honeyb
X

Rebelyell

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2015, 06:05:00 PM »

I think I will go the probiotic route if not better tomorrow.   We have a local health food shop that might even be open tomorrow.

Thanks ladies.  Am trying to stop myself thinking it is ovarian cancer as apparently bladder issues and abdominal pain are the two most common symptoms. 

Now why did I google and find that out???  It hasn't helped, it has just added anxiety to my list of woes. Xxx

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2015, 06:17:19 PM »

LIVE yoghurt works and so does Actimel ....... the trick is to swallow them on a regular basis to top up ........ or stop eating processed foods  ;)

Rebelyell

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2015, 11:05:42 AM »

Total meltdown today - full-on panic attack with new symptom of dizziness and breathlessness.  Bugger. 

Trigger was probably being very, very tired as had grandchildren to stay and only got four or five hours sleep for two nights.  then lay in bed too long this morning and allowed mind to wander into health issues.  I also got panicky about having to work tomorrow - although so far I have found work easier as it totally distracts me. 

Question - can anxiety over a period of four/five months cause massive stomach problems?  I suppose it can, particularly if you add in three courses of anti-biotics. 

I feel I going to become one of those weak Victorian women who sit on a chaise longue all day with 'vapours' and need constant doses of smelling salts.   Sometimes that actually sounds quite appealing!!!  I can totally see how women used to be put into mental hospitals at this time of life, without a sympathetic ear it would be awful.

babyjane

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2015, 04:40:32 PM »

Oh rebelyell, have a cyberhug ((hug)).  I don't function when I don't get my sleep and stress is the worst enemy of the stomach/digestive system.  My bowel is a barometer of how I am physically and mentally (and hormonally)

babyjane

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 04:58:25 PM »

I have wonderful memories of Alison Steadman as Mrs Bennett in Pride and Prejudice with one of her 'vapours' sessions.  She was wonderful  :)

Rebelyell

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »

Thanks folks. Am out working today and despite panic attack symptoms earlier I have managed and even forgotten my physical issues.   As soon as I took a break, the burning pressure in my stomach started again.  I am now also doing some weird swallowing so getting trapped wind...

What we need is a game of meno anxiety bingo.   I only have palpitations to add today for a full house!

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2015, 11:35:23 AM »

:bighug:  My gut is my barometer.  Since age 3 when I had my first panic attack  :'( - I was told that I would grow out of it!

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2015, 12:47:00 PM »

Take care of you today  ;) …….. put off anything non essential!

MrsMopp

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 02:16:19 PM »

Thanks for that HB.  I've placed my order.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4