Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Need to stop googling...  (Read 13361 times)

babyjane

Re: Need to stop googling...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 10:17:23 AM »

I really feel for you ladies.  I have health anxiety but nowhere near your proportions and I usually manage to talk myself out of it and I have stopped googling (most of the time). If I do get any problems they are usually something I haven't thought about anyway  ::)

My consultant did me a Full blood count across the board in January and every single result was bang in the middle of normal so if I am feeling low and wavering and thinking myself into something, I get the pages out and read through them all.  It helps me to get a grip on my thoughts.

Rebelyell

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 10:37:29 AM »

I am hoping for the same Babyjane. 

To be honest, I have always been a worrier and a glass half empty, and have struggled with self-esteem due to childhood issues [as Philip Larkin's poem says, 'They fuck you up, your mum and dad'].  So I totally fit the category for health anxiety. 

MY OH is fab, really kind and totally glass half full.  We have the ability to have an absolutely FANTASTIC life, but I can't seem to accept that I can be lucky enough to deserve it.

Weirdly, I have sailed through the implant thing - no infection worries, BUT have a bit of an obsession lurking about the type of AB I have been given...  Have just done housework in lounge [given a good 'bottoming' as my MIL would have called it], listened to Smooth FM, sung along, and guess what - I feel loads better and have no physical symptoms.  So - I know one way to tackle this.  Might stick with just the singing though, as bloody hate housework.

Sparkle - think carefully before going the AD route.  I did take citalopram for four months and it had big impact on my digestion/bowels - leading to an unhealthy obsession with BMs... And I only just feel right now in terms of dreams/sleep/tiredness.     My God, I am bad - if I try really hard, I can sound like an episode of Dinnerladies, or the two ladies in overalls that Les Dawson used to do...  Not a good way to go!   And moaning about your bowels doesn't really do anything for your love life. 

Off to read the paper.  If I'm lucky I could read about two new diseases I could have before lunchtime. 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »

ADs have never affected my bowels and I've taken them since 1988  :-\  ::)

I had ABs cover for the 1st couple of dental implants, then didn't think I required any more.  Job Done!  Next appt. is?

Rebelyell

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »

Two weeks for check and stick removal then 3/4 months until next procedure, which is putting cap on to shape the gum.   Dentist is really lovely so have no worries there.     It is the stress of waiting for blood tests that gets to me.   Sick of this strange bladder pressure but almost sure it is stress related.   

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »

Waiting for anything can be stressful: either worrying or excited  ::)

GeordieGirl

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 09:56:45 AM »

When I was trying to seek help from my surgery on HRT, a couple of doctors grabbed for their screens and started searching (on the doctors' google, GP Notebook). Hm...

I've actually found research has been my best friend recently and it's certainly meant I can tell when I'm being hoodwinked or lead down blind alleys (which unfortunately does happen).  Perhaps if more women googled and ended up on this forum, they'd have the answer to a number of their health issues. My GPs didn't have a clue so I'd have been completely lost if I hadn't switched the 'puter on.

I guess where it's dangerous is when the imagination runs riot....a hard thing to control at times. Fortunately though you've already mentioned you don't have a number of the key symptoms so perhaps you're already discounting the worst scenarios? 

GG x

Rebelyell

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 07:12:13 PM »

I wish I was Geordie Girl...

Thankfully nothing new today Sparkle!  Actually was really busy presenting all day at work, and after initial panic attack feelings I got so absorbed I forgot to notice my physicality.  But funny feeling very low in abdomen is back, just above pubic bone.  Not a pain, more a tightening or pressure.   

However, I feel OK mentally so am going to enjoy my evening. Finished ABs but it is still two more days until I can have alcohol, can't wait!

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »

White coat syndrome Sparkle. Hopefully things we'll settle when you take it at home.

If it ain't one thing it's another.

On the plus side I find I can only worry about one thing at a time. Multi tasking doesn't go that far. So as one thing improves another takes over.
Last night I was googling umbilical hernias....I have one which has grown. By the time I had finished reading I was going to die in the night by a strangulated bowel. I know I need something doing with it but now I'm prepared to pretend it's not even there ....wish me luck with that one  ::)

Honeyb
X

babyjane

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 08:28:10 PM »

My BP is always ok at my GP's surgery but when I go to the hospital clinic it is always high.  I now go and get a reading from the GP's machine and take it wlth me to the hospital so that if it is high when I go there I can show them what it usually is at home.

honeybun

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »

I've had it for about ten years but it's growing. I really try to keep my weight down but tummy muscles...well what muscles....are lax.

It's not small that's for sure but I can push it back into place for now but that ain't going to last. It's a simple op. They just put a bit of mesh in and sow things back into place.

Not often painful but I have to be careful what I lift.

If it's not one thing it's another....to be honest I just give up  ::)

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »

My stomach has dropped in the last 6months  :-\ suddenly the muscles 'went'. 

Honeybun - it's all that cleaning you do for you Mum  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2015, 09:18:36 AM »

I have had 3 pregnancies, a cesarean section and a hysterectomy.  My tummy muscles have all but forgotten their job description even though I try to remind them regularly.  I have learned to live with the overhang now and make the best of it  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2015, 01:04:58 PM »

Some days my over-hang is worse than others and in the morning it's not as bad  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »

Oh, not hormones then  ;D

honeybun

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »

I don't have much of an over hang further up. The one I have I've had for many years and it was down to three C sections.
The hernia is just under my belly button and again it was caused by pregnancy. I was huge with my first and it weakened the muscles. The last time my GP looked at it he didn't seem overly concerned but it's got bigger since then  :o

I hate it to be honest.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4