Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Just don't know what to do.  (Read 11937 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Just don't know what to do.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2015, 10:37:06 PM »

GRL - I understand how frightening it is to be low and not know how long it will last  >:( which self-perpetuates itself with worry that the low mood will never lift.  Even knowing that it's hormonal didn't help, same with the panic attacks - I know why they happen but if anyone else suggests that I relax and it will go away  :kick: because it doesn't and it won't without the emergency pill sorry, I digress  :-\

Did you ask about continuing with the first part of the HRT until your holiday is over ?

Sarai

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2015, 10:35:23 AM »

I don't take HRT and am hating massive mood swings too.
I have really low lows where nothing matters its awful I cry for hours and then often after lunchtime, the switch is flicked and bingo I am 'normal' again, though not singing for joy.
I have health anxiety which is driving me nuts worst I have ever been.
I cant do many fun things to feel better as my hyperacusis has come back too so the whole world is noisy and overwhelming for me.
I've not had a period since February, means nothing yet I know, but my boobs feel ready to burst full time now. I'm 53 and that means nothing either but I cant see a light at the end of the tunnel either as I cant have HRT.
Just wish I had my mum to talk to about this.

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2015, 12:34:06 PM »

Sarai - do you eat breakfast?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

You're absolutely right CLKD. Feeling very depressed is bad enough without then feeling really terrified that it might not go away this time. Just nasty.

I could delay taking Utro until after the holiday but my own hormones broke through a few days ago when I wasn't even taking Utro. I think I reacted to the hormonal change as I finished ovulating? So not so sure it's a guaranteed solution.

Sometimes I could almost HATE my own hormones. I had no idea they could do so much harm to me emotionally.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2015, 03:07:12 PM »

Why can't you take HRT Sarai?

Sarai

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »

CLKD yes I do eat breakfast, always have. I need it to do anything in the moring.
GRL I have autoimmune disease one of which is a clotting disorder so HRT is out of the question.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 04:04:37 PM »

Sarai - I wondered if it was feeling better after eating lunch  ;) maybe if you had breakfast: but you do already …..

jedigirl

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »

Gypsy Rose Lee,
I was very similar to you for months last year. Swinging up and down every time I changed onto a new part of the hrt regime. I'm very sensitive to the change in hormones too.
 Now I take Utrogestan for 25 days out of 28, use two pumps of Estragel and only have a three day break from Utrogestan. I am finding my mood much more steady and feel more like the old me. I have wobbles but not as extreme. Maybe this is something you could consider?
Hugs Jedigirl x

Greenfields

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »

Gypsy Rose Lee,
I was very similar to you for months last year. Swinging up and down every time I changed onto a new part of the hrt regime. I'm very sensitive to the change in hormones too.
 Now I take Utrogestan for 25 days out of 28, use two pumps of Estragel and only have a three day break from Utrogestan. I am finding my mood much more steady and feel more like the old me. I have wobbles but not as extreme. Maybe this is something you could consider?
Hugs Jedigirl x

Oh that's interesting.  I take Utrogestan 100mg for 25 days out of 28 and one of the reasons the Dr gave for prescribing it me this way was that she thought that having a small regular dose would give me more hormonal balance given that I am so sensitive to medications.  I have to say it has worked for me too.  I take Utrogestan alongside Evorel 50 patches which I change twice a week.

Briony

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »

Gypsy Rose Lee,
Hugs Jedigirl x

Oh that's interesting.  I take Utrogestan 100mg for 25 days out of 28 and one of the reasons the Dr gave for prescribing it me this way was that she thought that having a small regular dose would give me more hormonal balance given that I am so sensitive to medications.  I have to say it has worked for me too.  I take Utrogestan alongside Evorel 50 patches which I change twice a week.

Greenfields/Jedi girl - do you still have periods? Were you able to do this regime before your actual menopause? X

Greenfields

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2015, 08:41:43 AM »

Gypsy Rose Lee,
Hugs Jedigirl x

Greenfields/Jedi girl - do you still have periods? Were you able to do this regime before your actual menopause? X

I haven't had periods on this regime (but have only been on it for 3 months).

Prior to starting it, I was on Nuvelle Continuous for a month - and had no periods then.

Prior to that, I wasn't on any HRT and I had 2 small break through bleeds in 2014 - so basically I had stopped menstruating mostly ... having said that, I have been under a huge amount of stress the last year and I've noticed in the past when this has happened, I've stopped menstruating - so I don't know whether I would have had more periods if I hadn't been so stressed (and continue to be under a lot of stress).

So I would say, I think, that I am perimenopausal ... but I don't completely know. Hope that helps?!
Hugs xx

Briony

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2015, 09:38:14 AM »

Thanks. My doc insists you can only do the 100mg for 25 days if you're over 54 or have gone for a year with no period, so wouldn't let me do it. I would have loved to as 200 mg for 14 days left me with a 'dip'. I've tried to find it (that you can do 100mg in peri) written down somewhere so I could show the doc, but no luck. Luckily , the Qlaira seems to be doing the job at present ... Though, being 'high risk' for the pill, I do worry sometimes ...

jedigirl

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2015, 10:49:05 AM »

Alternatively, one 100mg Utrogestan capsule can be taken once daily at bedtime on days 1 to 25 of each 28 day cycle. This usually causes less withdrawal bleeding.

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/womens-health/medicines/utrogestan.html#ixzz3f0qhfAle
Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

My doctor knew I was peri and was happy for to take this regime, also the doctor at the menopause clinic said it was a safe regime. I do still have a period this way though it's not in the three day gap but near it.

Greenfields

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2015, 12:01:38 PM »

Thanks. My doc insists you can only do the 100mg for 25 days if you're over 54 or have gone for a year with no period, so wouldn't let me do it. I would have loved to as 200 mg for 14 days left me with a 'dip'. I've tried to find it (that you can do 100mg in peri) written down somewhere so I could show the doc, but no luck. Luckily , the Qlaira seems to be doing the job at present ... Though, being 'high risk' for the pill, I do worry sometimes ...

Briony I would ask the Dr where they got that info from re: not being able to offer it unless you've had no period for a year or are over 54.

I'm 51 (52 this month) and my Dr actually double checked in her instruction book (don't know what manual it was) that what she was doing was correct - and it seems to work fine for me.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 12:30:06 PM »

Greenfields ?  :party09:
Pages: 1 [2] 3