Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Femoston conti low dose 0.5mg, 2.5mg  (Read 33758 times)

Debe

Re: Femoston conti low dose 0.5mg, 2.5mg
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »

Thanks Peegeetip,

Yes, I am really not happy about any of this.

I did double up the dose yesterday and felt much better and will do so today. It like trying to get blood out of a stone to get anything from the Drs. I have had that many blood tests over the last 10 years because I was feeling so crap, why did no one suggest HRT to me?

Morwenna, I will ask for the oestrogen cream!

I think I will make an appointment with the male Dr who I've known for years and he really knows my history. I only went to the other Dr because another Dr there told me she was gyni trained! I think I'm beyond being embarrassed to talk to him now! AT least he is more my age and his wife is too, so he must know something about it all!

In fact, last night, I found this (Hurdity mentioned it)  ...

https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/gid-cgwave0639/resources/menopause-full-guideline

Very interesting. Let's hope the Drs read it.

Thanks for all your replies, now to get an appointment and what I need  ???

I've just seen your post Morwenna, I think HRT should be free, we need it. If men needed testosterone, they wouldn't pay for it. Plus in Wales there are no prescription fees. It's just not fair.

peegeetip

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »

Hi Debe

great news that its working for you. The problem with a lot of these HRT's is the doc's take things as final for the doses. Where as on AD's they just flip the doses as they see fit.

If they used a little bit of common sense then we'd all be a lot better off.

Hi Morwenna

totally up to you but if you were on 2mg option for a while then chances are you'll not get to that point you want and things will "slip" without the earlier supplemented estrogen. If your not getting to a point where the lower dose is helping after 1-3 months then you'll not get there and will have just have to put up with the increased symptoms.

On the prescription point, I can't really put a value on having my old quality of life back.

:-*

Debe

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 01:23:24 PM »

Hi peegeetip,

I'd love to get my old quality of life back! Seems so long ago now.

What regime are you on, if you don't mind?

What estrogen cream do I ask for? Not sure if I like the idea of an internal tablet. I've made my appointment!  :)

dazned

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 03:03:24 PM »

The cream most seem to use is vagifem.

dahliagirl

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 03:17:26 PM »

Vagifem is a tablet rather than a cream.  It is less messy.  You can use it any time of day and it stays put.

I have only used antibiotic cream before - you have to put it in lying in bed, and it all falls out in the morning, once your are upright.  :o

dazned

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2015, 05:26:22 PM »

Sorry my mistake  :-\

Knew it was vagifem though so half right meno brain  :)
Pages: 1 [2]