Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hi and help!!  (Read 3008 times)

Angel45

Hi and help!!
« on: June 22, 2015, 05:28:34 PM »

Hi
I have been reading the forum for a while and I am pretty certain that I have entered the perimenopause stage, I am 45 still have regular periods but for at least the last year they arrive every 4 weeks and last for 3 days where it used to be every 6 weeks and last for 7 days. I have never really suffered with my periods.
It all started last October when I has a bad virus acute sinusitis and flu, the hot sweats started then. I have gone from leading a ordinary normal life to having anxiety where I think I am having a heart attack, hot sweats( now under control thanks to nutrition zx) short of breath at times, palpatations at times, and a host of other issues, I also have a funny headache for split second that is like a surge of something that comes from the back of my head to the front makes me feel like I am going to faint, then it goes this has happened 3 times and has been every other month so I wonder if hormone related?

I think I am driving my friends and family mad with all my ailments but I find it worrying feeling so unlike myself most days, I have been to the doctors 14 times since October which is more than the last 19 years when I was pregnant.
I have an identical twin sister who has none of this going on, 
 It does help to read this forum so thanks

Angel

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hi and help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:31:24 PM »

:welcomemm:  sounds within normal limits to me  ::)

As an aside - are you the first born?  ;)

Anxiety is a huge problem as you will see when browsing.  Those split second 'zaps' make me go 'oh', like sudden electric shock in my head but I am on ADs and a betablocka. 

Does your GP seem supportive?

Angel45

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »

Hi

I am first born by 10 minutes, really the only difference between me and my sister is our hair colour and I have 2 children while she never had any.

Thanks for the reply, so far I have seen 3 different GP and 4 nurse practitioners. The last doctor I feel actually listened to me and thinks I have LPR as a result of sinusitis. I have also had blood screening as I couldn't believe I felt so unwell, which is all clear, eyes tested all ok. I have been to my first Pilates class today, I am determined( most days) that I will do what I can to make this easier.

Angel

Sausage

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 07:50:01 PM »

Palpitations were the first sign of peri for me and the doctor gave me beta blockers which effectively gets rid of them. I get them with hot flushes...

My mum and I both get hot flushes when we are feeling under the weather - like you, I never used to see my doctor, now I feel like a precious wimp!

Have you had a blood test to see about your hormone levels? I had about 3 over 18 months until the last one finally confirmed what I knew.

I was perimenopausal  :-\

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 07:56:27 PM »

Hi Angel45

:welcomemm: and this mad world of craziness and change - you are in good comapny and we will help you along this rocky ride if you would like us to!

Hurdity x

Angel45

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »

Hi sausage
When I have mentioned to the first GP about possibly being in perimenopause she just said I was a bit young, the third one I saw said talk to my mum, I am going to make yet another appointment, I feel I will have a chair with my name on it soon, I avoid the doctors at all cost normally!! to see her to talk purely about how I am feeling, I haven't had hormone blood tests as I read they can fluctuate so not that reliable but could be an idea to ask.

Hi Hurdity
I am hoping to be able to use the forum to ease my anxieties, and to help stop moaning to my family and friends how off it I feel a lot of the time, think they are fed up of hearing me, it certainly helps to know I an not the only one to have these symptoms and feelings,

Thanks all for the welcome

Angel

dazned

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 08:30:36 PM »

Hello Angel45

Start to keep a food/mood diary write everything down how you feel etc.morning and night that way you can see if a pattern emerges and if so take it to gp as a guide if still no joy ask to be referred either to a meno clinic or gyna. Hope things gets resolved soon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »

"talk to your Mum" ! how old fashioned is that and what if  :-X

As for being 'too young'  :cuss: - actually, nooooo

:welcomemm: to the Happy Family  ::) there's usually someone here with advice …..

remind me: ? LPR ? means  ???

Angel45

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 06:16:26 PM »

Mmmm I spoke to my mum she just said she sailed through it so can't understand why I am line this!! Wasn't much help,
LPR is reflux, think it's linked from sinus trouble and this menopause lark.

Thanks for the suggestion if a food diary I had 2 cups of coffee in a cafe on Monday and palpitations which turned into dark thoughts and I had to leave what I was doing and go home, think bit could have been the coffee as I drink maybe 2/3 cups of decaf a day, going to make a conscious effort to cut down on caffeine.

Briony

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 06:24:57 PM »

Mmmm I spoke to my mum she just said she sailed through it so can't understand why I am line this!! Wasn't much help,

.... I soooooo know that feeling! x

Angel45

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »

Not helpful it is Briony, makes me want to scream and shout.

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 07:35:46 PM »

Hi and welcome

I was 45 when meno started, I had terrible palpitations and docs can't give me beta blockers because I have asthma so I drink decaf coffee and it's almost cured the palps, I still get occasional episodes but nothing on the scale that they were

Annie xx