Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: appointmet w8th consultant  (Read 6054 times)

LW44

Re: appointmet w8th consultant
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2015, 05:15:09 PM »

definately clkd -  my problem was i read how everyone reacted to hrt..read too deeply into side effects...so basically thought myself into low mood... and panicked... actually i panicked before starting the hrt.. when i didnt understand what was wrong with me... i had a very unsupportive husband... didnt allow me to grieve... triggered anxiety as was made to feel something was wrong with me and i was weak.. subsequently. developed pnd after my daughter who was born 15 months later..andcagain after my son.. my sons was more anxiety based..so.. when peri hormones kicked in... my brain automatically flicked to those times and got stuck.. if that makes sense?? feeling very low today... but as i said period just starting...so going to give the orstrogen another month or so... if doesnt improve will look at alternative hrt...as i am convinced this "episode" is hormonal... plus also some part of my mind convincing me i am depressed... i am also going to have some cbt again through work x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2015, 05:39:09 PM »

It does make sense.  Our reactions are normal but can be intense.  They become the instant 'go to' when stress hits. 

I now recognise depression for what it is. 

Briony

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2015, 07:44:35 PM »

Oh boy reading this really puts me off trying HRT, I'm scared stiff of side effects and I react badly to most things.
I've never suffered such low mood before and thought HRT might help, I wasn't a massive PND sufferer before. I'm already on ADs, I am in CBT but I cant see how it can help when all my feeling originate with my hormones, which no amount of talking can control. I don't get hot flushes and pain was already a part of my life. Its just the fatigue and mood, but I don't want HRT if they will not definitely be fixed by it.
Sorry that was such a ramble.

Hi Sarai
I agree with the others - we all react differently to things, so dont let one person's experience put you off. Do your research and try the things that are least likely to cause side effects - probably Utrogestan taken vaginally and either a patch or gel, judging from the majority of people's experiences on here.  Whatever you try, if anything at all, give it a fair try . I expected brilliant results within weeks (if not days!) and then had a major downer when, if anything, things got worse for a bit. (looking back, don't think it was actually side effects of HRT, but rather, my own hormones still being too low and the HRT not having had time to work).

Luckily the lovely  ladies on here gave me the confidence to carry on (including a good kick up the bum from PeeGeeTips for which I am very grateful!). In fact, it took three months - if not six - to feel things were looking up.   I'd really worried about reacting to the progesterone, but weirdly, I ended up preferring this stage - to the extent I eventually switched to a combined pill! Dont think you'll ever get perfection - I'm beginning to accept that the quest to find 'old me' is futile - but hopefully you will eventually find something which at least makes life more pleasant.

Good luck x
Pages: 1 2 [3]