Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: static hair  (Read 11352 times)

babyjane

Re: static hair
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »

Cazikins I have also had a vertical split in my thumbnail for over 3 years and tried everything to no avail.  Argan oil applied three times a day for a week and the split is starting to heal  :)

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2015, 01:59:47 PM »

Asked my hairdresser about my static this morning.  She could feel and see it as she trimmed my hair.  She thought it could be over conditioned as my hair is not dry or dehydrated and suggested I stop using conditioner and just use the Argan oil once a fortnight.  Also no products as the hair absorbs them, but I don't use them anyway.  A light, good quality hairspray is ok to tame it as it coats the hair and is not absorbed.

She also asked if my body has been under stress and I had a lightbulb moment.  My thyroid levels have been out of balance for some months.  they are coming right but not quite there yet.  This will have put my system under stress as it has struggled to function.  the last time I had static hair was back when my underactive thyroid was first discovered.

So, wash hair less often, don't use conditioner or products and keep taking the thyroxine as directed by my endo and in 8 weeks time it will hopefully look better for the family wedding  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2015, 02:03:12 PM »

Sorted then!  Some shampoos I try don't make my hair look anything but flat, not even shiny  >:( …….. baby shampoo does though and I rarely put conditioner on.  I might use a shampoo/condition in 1  :-\ : really? but after 24 hours my hair doesn't look as though it's been washed  ::)

It does need a good trim but can't be bothered!

babyjane

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:33 PM »

I have wavy frizzy hair and I tend to wash it to make it lie better or it can look untidy.  Untidy looks better than static though so will wash less often as it doesn't actually get dirty  :(

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 02:41:53 PM »

I'm growing my hair...(mother hates it) . It's the longest it's been in years, and I'm getting used to it now and I seem to be over the untidy stage for now.
I rarely condition my hair and I change shampoos regularly or you get a build up. Every month or so I use head and shoulders which strips the hair if the build up that can make it flat.
I use a little mousse, and recently a little hairspray.

I have to admit to having a bit of a thing about shampoo. Hubby told me today when I came home with yet a different one that we had at least four bottles on the go. Ten mins later DD came home with....yep another shampoo  ;D......she has my addiction too

Honeyb
X

babyjane

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2015, 03:08:50 PM »

I got one without SLS in as I didn't like the thought of putting household detergent on my hair  ???

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2015, 04:50:52 PM »

When I buy a new shampoo I have to use it the moment I get home  :o  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]