Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Son coming home!  (Read 6198 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Son coming home!
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 08:35:06 PM »

I knew  :-*

Spangles

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 05:32:00 AM »

Totally agree ladies!
My son is 23, I was expecting him at 23!
Times do change, oh dear, I sound like my granny!
I've woken feeling really sick and anxious again, I really do think the hormones have to take some responsibility for this.
xXx

Spangles

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:34:18 AM »

Totally agree ladies!
My son is 23, I was expecting him at 23!
Times do change, oh dear, I sound like my granny!
I've woken feeling really sick and anxious again, I really do think the hormones have to take some responsibility for this.
xXx

Annie0710

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 06:15:01 AM »

I tend to lean more to Honeybuns way of thinking

Of my 3 offspring only youngest at 20 is still at home, my daughter is married with children, son #2 lives with his dad but would live with us if we had a room for him

Youngest is honest that he wants independence and I respect that but life today is totally different to when we were younger, I had a mortgage at 19 , and due to relationship breakdowns, am struggling to get one now with ridiculous deposits required

I think within a year youngest will be gone, and by then middle one will be earning enough to move out.  try to remember this phase will very soon be a memory. 

We treat youngest as a flat mate and step in as parents when he needs guidance, I want to wave him off with good memories, as I did the first 2, not move out because he couldn't stand living with us

We do have rules, and the main one is he's not allowed to have girls overnight! My kids dad lets them do literally what they want but they come to me for advice. In my experience giving my kids boundaries gave them security and they know where they're at with me, I still remain very close with all 3 of them and I'm proud of that

But I am going to embrace the time when it's just me and OH and the fur babies !

Annie xx

Spangles

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »

Oh Annie
Me the OH and the dog, pure bliss!
Yes, I think that whilst he is an adult and is treated as such, we still need to establish a few boundaries.
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 07:26:11 AM »

I did have two rules, like Annie....No girls overnight and if he wasn't coming home he was to text.
That was it. He lived with us as an equal and we are very close which I love.

Him and my daughter are coming on holiday with us, something they have not done in years....Just because they want to, so I must have done something right   ;D

I couldn't wait to get away from my mother's interfering, so I was determined not to be like that with my two.

Honeyb
x

Annie0710

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 09:28:25 AM »

My 3 are always asking us to join them on their nights out !
And a couple of years ago #2 went to Zante for the summer and messaged OH asking if he could take me out there so he could show his new friends the 2 people he talks about so much! We couldn't keep up with all nighters but managed til about 4am and they all thought it was great that we used a quad bike the whole 10 days lol

Annie xx

rebelyell

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 10:40:08 AM »

My son also came home after three years at Unit - he was a very troublesome teenager and university hadn't been a terrific academic success, so we were a bit worried.  Especially as we had downsized and hadn't put aside a room for him!  But he had grown up considerably and was lovely company.  He found a job so was out a lot and had a TV in his room but it was lovely to eat with him and just generally enjoy having his around as an adult.

I ended up missing him a lot and love it when he comes round once a week for a meal.  Give your son a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.

Like honeybun, both our children are coming on holiday with us this year and I can't wait.  I love their company now we have gone past the 'pick this up' 'time for bed' 'what on earth are you wearing' phase.   In fact the last phrase is most often heard from them these days...

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 01:02:32 PM »

I'm chuffed to have my two with us for a week despite my mothers and sisters comments that I am crazy to even consider it. They think they are taking advantage of a cheap holiday. I don't feel that way at all and im looking forward to it a lot.

Now the teenage years are over life is so much more peaceful  ;D. Those teenage years were a trial.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 02:35:13 PM »

Let us know how you get on!

Spangles

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 05:48:21 PM »

Thank you so much ladies, your comments are reassuring.
I'm looking forward to his company again, he has an amazing sense of humour and we do laugh a lot. As for holidays he is always welcome to come along but chooses not to 😒 maybe he will change his mind as he hasn't had a break for a couple of years😃
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Or: you and DH could go on holiday and leave DS at home  ;) everyone gets a break!

When's he due back?
Pages: 1 [2]