Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: vaginal prolapse  (Read 51144 times)

Annie0710

Re: vaginal prolapse
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 11:42:00 AM »

It is sad Taz , as we were so close I thought we discussed literally everything
When she confided in me that she had vaginal dryness and didn't want sex anymore it was me that talked it through with my dad to leave her be in that dept

she never went to docs and certainly never hospital so I guess she kept it quiet as she knew I'd push for her to get it seen to

Annie xx

scriv

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 05:38:02 PM »

After my second set of prolapses I was advised that pelvic floor exercises and avoiding heavy lifting would help avoid a recurrence. So far so good.  :)

PS I also understood that 'Dropsy' was a build up of oedema!

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 08:50:11 AM »

Yes it's a build up of fluid in the womb so maybe it was just a term used in Suffolk for the womb dropping down. Things were often getting "dropsied" in my house!

It's sad that your mum couldn't share Annie but, even now, it's difficult for us to talk about such a personal thing as prolapse so it would be something that she kept private and to herself I would think. I still feel it must have been something I did - although the pelvic floor nurse is working hard to change that view!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 09:02:18 AM »

The only thing you did Taz was have three kids and live your life.

Funny how women blame themselves when there is no need.
Men don't seem to have the same problem  ::)

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2015, 09:10:05 AM »

How right you are honeyb! 

Taz x

scriv

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2015, 10:17:49 AM »

I was told that mine was the result of childbirth ...

ancient runner

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:23 AM »

I think I've got cystocele and rectocele - referred for physio - neither cause much problem as far as I can see, but has anyone got hold of the Hab-It DVD which I've seen talked about on here (I think?). Heard really good things about it but last time I looked it was nearly £40 and had to come from the US.

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 11:02:46 AM »

Yes they are as a result of childbirth but until the weak tissue link was explained to me I didn't understand how I had three children and had all of these problems and friends of mine with four and in one case six children don't have any problems whatsoever. Felt I must have not been good enough at the pelvic floor exercises but, apparently, it's not something that I could have prevented. Sorry about your fibroids sparkle.

ancient runner - brilliant that you have been referred for physio - hope it stops any further prolapsing. Not heard of the Hab-It DVD.

Taz x

scriv

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2015, 12:47:55 PM »

Good luck, sparkle. You do need to know what's what. It sounds a very miserable situation for you.

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2015, 01:03:28 PM »

Have been analyzing how I'm doing a little bit. Often my poo comes pretty fast in the mornings. But, then, I quite often feel the urge again. A lot of the times I have to help the little bit that is stuck by "splinting" (think that is what it's called when you push between vagina and rectum?). Sometimes when I do this I also have an urge to urinate.... Weird...Does this sound typical of prolapse at all??

ancient runner

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2015, 01:40:15 PM »

Yes, have read that people do that. There is a very good thread on Mumsnet about prolapses - full of people supporting each other through all sorts of ops and treatments.

Taz2

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2015, 10:23:55 PM »

It is a definite sign of prolapse 20032003 but it is usually one of the more later signs. Once you get to splinting then you really do need to consult a gynae for a proper examination.

Taz

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2015, 04:54:47 AM »

It is a definite sign of prolapse 20032003 but it is usually one of the more later signs. Once you get to splinting then you really do need to consult a gynae for a proper examination.

Taz

Hm. Maybe that is NOT the problem then? I mean, if I had a serious prolapse the gyno should have seen this in March, right? Even if I didn't specifically mention typical symptoms at that time? I came to see the gyno because of my rectal problems and the fact that the GP had mentioned that he thought my uterus might be enlarged (which it wasn't, but it was retroverted according to gyno).

Winterose

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »

Was reading that best way to Poo is to sit on loo with your feet on small stool or similar and lean as far forward as you can go - this opens bowel properly and since I have been doing this a lot more has come out and my prolapse feelings have been much better. Hope this isnt TMIF,

You just want to make sure the bathroom door is locked!

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2015, 01:37:33 PM »

No, it's not TMI. I'm not that sensitive.... ;) Thanks for your tips!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8