Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So worried today.... :(  (Read 9765 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: So worried today.... :(
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »

Bowels! if there is a variation/change in habits which go on for more the 3/4 weeks then speaking to your GP is important. 

I can go a couple of days without being able to 'go', especially if I am on holiday  ::)

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »

I called and cancelled tomorrow's doctors appt with the answering machine (that's how you're supposed to do it), which means I didn't get a new appointment. And now I feel guilty for having cancelled - even though I don't want to go to a doctor's appt with a possible stomach bug - so I'll call back tomorrow morning for a new appointment. EVERYTHING ends up as stress/anxiety for me, even things I cannot help (like getting sick and having to cancel)....

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »

See how you feel in the morning?  I can make appts via the lap-top except I've forgotten how to do it  ::) ……..

You may find 2-morrow that you don't need the appt. anyway. 

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2015, 05:05:17 AM »

See how you feel in the morning?  I can make appts via the lap-top except I've forgotten how to do it  ::) ……..

You may find 2-morrow that you don't need the appt. anyway.

I don't know. Now I'm leaning towards waiting for my gyno appt on June 15. Maybe ask her if she can recommend a private gastro. Will they usually do that, i.e. recommend colleagues? I'm SO sick of the other clinic and how you have to almost FORCE them to see you.... :(

Well, at least the horrible diarreah is gone today. Now I'm back to loose-ish stools. Gurgling stomach. I DO tend to have a "weird" sensation on my right side, pretty close to the belly button. Have had this for a while. I don't know if it is something in my bowels. I also have problems with my hip what-is-it-called muscle on that side. My naprapath says that it can give pain in the ovary area and also in the back. Mine tends to be in knots...

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2015, 09:09:03 AM »

Bowels!  Many years ago my Gynae told me that I had 'impacted' bowel and many years later my GP gave me Colpermin peppermint capsules and Motillium to take within an hour of my main meals to 'move' things along.  When my bowels are playing up it's around the belly button area that I feel 'sick' …..  >:(

What's a 'naprapath'  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2015, 09:14:02 AM »

Crikey  :-X - talk about wind assisted  :o ………..  :-[  better out than in  :-\

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »

A naprapath is like a chiropractor pretty much.

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2015, 11:36:20 AM »

:thankyou: and the differences might be?

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2015, 11:43:28 AM »

:thankyou: and the differences might be?

The difference, ss I understand it, is that the naprapath's methods are "softer". If that makes sense.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2015, 11:45:43 AM »

Nope!

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2015, 12:12:52 PM »

Nope!

I googled and found this description:

"What is the difference between a Naprapath and a Chiropractor?

Chiropractor

The original principal of Chiropractic is that subluxations (minor dislocation) of the spine actually press on the nerve roots as they exit the spine, causing pain and secondary dysfunction (disease). The focus in Chiropractic is placed on the position of the bones, especially the spinal vertebrae. Traditionally, Chiropractors use x-ray examination to determine the misaligned bones, and manipulate the spine to re-align the vertebrae. Because the focus is on repositioning the bones, many Chiropractors use an abrupt, heavy force to "adjust" the spine. If too much force is applied too quickly, micro tears can occur within the supporting structures which can actually lead to instability of the affected spinal or other joints.

Naprapath

In Naprapathy, the focus is on the soft tissues that support the vertebrae (spine) and other joints. By encouraging motion in tissues that have become rigid and inflexible, the Naprapath is actually triggering the activity of fibroblasts, a type of stem cell that is responsible for the generation of new elastic tissue in the body. If only the alignment is considered, the existing tensions in the soft tissues will misalign the bones quickly after "adjustment." Naprapathic treatment is a gentle stretching treatment applied with a manual massage-like technique. The aim of the treatment is to encourage the growth of new elastic tissue, while gently releasing old constrictions caused by injury or stress. Naprapathic manipulation also encourages health by stimulating circulation and aiding in lymph drainage."

Can't judge how accurate is is, though!

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2015, 02:03:49 PM »

:thankyou:
Pages: 1 [2]