Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Anxiety Hell  (Read 17761 times)

Cwtch

Re: Anxiety Hell
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2015, 05:53:26 PM »

I have been back to doctor. She said I should be on sequi due to my relatively younger age but has given me a prescription for femseven conti patches. I have applied a patch for the first time but I am now worried she has given me the wrong prescription! I asked her about utrogeston but she said it was only available in vaginal pesseries which I did not fancy. I am just hoping a change in hrt will work for me as I just don't think I can take any more :'(

Cwtch

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2015, 06:07:17 PM »

I forgot to say thank you all so much for your replies it has helped me so much to know that I am not alone x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2015, 10:59:21 PM »

Oh pessaries are fine - I put mine in at night so there's less mess  ;)

Cwtch

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 06:10:44 AM »

I put the first patch on yesterday and woke in the night with palpitations and break through sweats.  My heart was racing.  Is this common when you switch from tablets to patches ?  I do not know whether to stick with the patches to give my body time to adjust or take the tablets again ?  I am wondering if I have not given each treatment enough time to work and switched to quickly.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2015, 06:44:14 AM »

If you are able to continue without too many problems then do so.  Your hormones are probably still active so it will be a while for your body to adjust.  Waking suddenly always upsets me and I'm not on HRT  ::) - especially from a deep sleep.

Night_Owl

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2015, 08:38:26 AM »

Cwtch, I don't understand why your GP has given you Femseven Conti - so now you're still on continual progesterone, albeit a different (purportedly better tolerated one): Levonorgestrel.  Did you request a no bleed, that's why she gave you this? - otherwise  I would have to put in a call to your GP.  If you did want a no bleed, maybe stick with it and see how you go, although as mentioned, sequi is often a preferred choice to get more time oestrogen only.

Utrogestan can be taken oral or vag - in fact oral is the prescribed route.

Sounds like your GP is a big vague ....

Cwtch

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2015, 05:07:23 PM »

Many thanks for replies. I have decided to try and stick with conti and allow body to adjust to see if I can tolerate it. Otherwise I will switch to sequi regime. I think I have switched too quickly having 3 different types in about 5 weeks. I am not sure if there is any benefits or disadvantages of patches over tablets ? I am giving the patches a go.  Would the amount of hrt you are getting dip towards the end of the 7 days ?   I am assuming the palpitations I had last night are due to the switch and it will take a few days for my body to adjust. :-\ 

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 10:44:17 PM »

Have a look on the box, it should tell you if there is any difference in the dosage.  Also your hormones will be playing a part in how you are feeling  ::)

Cwtch

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 06:29:44 AM »

Woke up again today with terrible palpitations and panic attack. Patch doesn't look as though it is adhering properly. Does anyone know if I can take it off and take a hrt tablet immediately? I am thinking I should have just gone back to my original tablets elleste duet.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 02:23:34 PM »

If you keep chopping and changing you will have no idea as to what is/not working  ::) - the hormone needs to be aborbed and it will take a while for the body to adjust, also your own hormones will have an input too.

Your own mood could be lifted with an anti-depressant for 8-12 months so that you can see the wood for the trees ;-)

Cwtch

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 03:09:57 PM »

Many thanks I am going back on my original tablets tomorrow and going to stick at them Lu's see the gp again if they suggest ads I may have to go down that route. I will do anything for some stability & normality.

dazned

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2015, 04:08:25 PM »

Hi I know how horrible you are feeling right now,been there got 3 Tshirts, and I also know you want to feel better yesterday!
 But you really wont do yourself any good chopping and changing like you have been,your body needs time to adjust ! Unfortunately there is no quick fix and sometimes you have to put up with less than perfect and except some things will not be a 100% like it use to be as hard as that seems ,HRT isnt a miracle worker mores the pity,if it was most of us wouldn't be on here. Hang on in there a while give it chance to work.

Cwtch

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2015, 04:18:34 PM »

Thank you for reassurance. You are right I have chopped and changed too much my body is so confused! Will stick to original prescription from now on.  Does anyone have any recommendations for managing anxiety ? Should I ask gp about beta blockers? I know nothing about them they sound scary.  When I have anxiety attacks I would take anything to feel better though.

dazned

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2015, 04:26:49 PM »

I took beta blockers for anxiety,palps,etc earlier this year when I too was desperate ,see my posts back then, I was convinced I had something terminal ! They did work but I didnt feel quite right on them ,but you could be fine .alot of ladies on here use them a slow release one at night might be useful. I opted in the end for a low ADs which is also good for insomnia immediately my anxiety,palps,etc went within a day and sleeping is much better too. But its your choice to find what suits you.

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2015, 04:30:32 PM »

I take 40mg Propranolol at night plus 5mg AD.  I have an emergency med to take when anxiety strikes badly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4