Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New and at rock bottom  (Read 8018 times)

Puffin Mama

Re: New and at rock bottom
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »

Hi Diva and welcome to the forum!

You will find loads of help and support on here - I only joined a few weeks ago and have so much advice and reassurance on here.

Puffin Mama

diva

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »

I can't thank everyone enough for all your support.

I had a couple of better days, now suffering again. I am wondering if the wheezing could be some kind of allergy related asthma as I have read that hormones and the auto immune system are closely related.

I have begun to write down everything for my app on Thursday. I needed to go for a cholesterol blood test last week anyway as part of a health check, so I added FSH to the list of tests in the hope it will save time when I see the GP.

Thank you Hurdity for the info about bio identical hormones. I think I would probably feel more comfortable with this. Is it a problem wearing the patch when you go swimming etc? Have visions of it floating off across the pool towards some unsuspecting old man!! ;D

Was also interested to read pepperminty's advice about the Femeston. I am not sure whether to be advised by GP on the best choice or to insist on one or the other. I never usually go to the doctor, so have never met this one before.

Thank you also CLKD for you advice and care. I will be careful not to be fobbed off with AD, hopefully my blood hormone leaves will help with that.

Will let you all know how it goes.

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 03:13:31 PM »

Hello and welcome from me too  :welcomemm: .

I used to leak when I coughed or sneezed but since using Vagifem (used it nearly 5 years now) I haven't used any Tena Lady and I haven't had any cystitis or thrush either so I am a convert to its benefits.  However I don't used systemic HRT (my choice) so I can't and won't comment on that as I don't know what I am talking about.  Actually since menopause I don't make much sense anyway but that is another matter  :)

It is a time when you can feel isolated and alone but this forum is a godsend for taking you out of yourself and making you feel less alone with it all.

I think my worst time was from the age of 53 until the start of this year when things started to level out a bit.  I am now 58 so 5 years were difficult.  Work was certainly very difficult because of the poor memory and concentration.  I had to downsize my responsibilities and 18 months ago my husband retired and I just do a bit of work from home from time to time.  I think that helped because the pressures were off.  I realise not everyone is in a position to stop work but stress really does make everything a great deal worse I have found.

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2015, 04:45:05 PM »

Haha re the floating patch diva!

Yes fine to use when swimming although I don't go very often - I knpow there are a few regular swimmers on here  - cubagirl and old sheep I think - and maybe they both use patches??? They are more likely to come loose in hot weather rubbing against something or if too near knicker line or waistline. Mine even sometimes stay on in the bath!).

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2015, 09:17:44 PM »

Never mind the floating patch, how about an 'insert' which floated away from the 'bra  :o - my friend calmly put her hand out, retrieved said insert and carried on swimming  ;)

Let us know how you get on!   :foryou:

Babs5666

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 08:04:29 PM »

Glad to have found this site,
I have been suffering from peri menopause now for six years,my symptoms have been very severe .They have included the brain fog often mentioned,face swellings which are incredibly painful and accompanied by a headache- this can last for hours. Plus general tiredness and constantly needing to pass urine. It would be interesting to know if anyone has experienced these strange face swellings and vice like headaches. Ive been to every department in my local hospital and they've been great doing every conceivable test all pointed to fluctuating hormones.I am now having hot flushes and trying to help myself with natural herbal tablets one being Macafen.Im 48 and hoping these symptoms will one day dull down,just started the weepy stage which is totally unlike me. It feels like something else has taken control of my body,its very frustrating when you waste days in bed stricken down with these horrible facial swellings.Any advice would be gratefully received as i am totally out of ideas as what to do next.
Good luck to all those struggling out there and reading some of these stories us women are stronger then we think.

dazned

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 08:32:24 PM »

Hi Babs and  :welcomemm:

You would be better posting a new topic in new members as you will tend to get " lost " tagging on the end of an old topic .
You will get more answers that way.

Hurdity

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 08:51:07 PM »

Hi Babs

:welcomemm: from me too. Hopefully you've had your GP check out the face swellings/headaches?

Hurdity x

diva

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 08:07:31 AM »

Goodness Babs5666,

Could the face swelling be an allergy of some kind? Menopause makes you more susceptible to allergies you never had before.

You poor thing, I hope someone here is able to offer advice. Maybe a new thread as dazned suggested?

Take care
x

pepperminty

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 08:30:09 AM »

Hi Babs,

As Hurdity says , I hope your GP has been investigating. If its allergies antihistamines may help,
you must be feeling awful, I do hope you get some answers soon,

Peppermintyxx
Pages: 1 [2]