Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Palpitations  (Read 8529 times)

dogdoc

Re: Palpitations
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »

They started for me about 6-8 months ago. They are terrifying. Initially they were very severe, particularly at night. Early on it felt like my heart was trying to leave my chest, and I was sure I was dying. I've had a stress echo and the cardiologist assures me by heart looks just fine. They are no longer as 'forceful' but they're there a lot...more like flutters that I get quite regularly. I can go through days and days of none, but they always come back. Almost assuredly hormonal for me. Often precede hot flashes, episodes of anxiety etc. They're all linked together. Fun times.

Tara

lyn

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 06:57:48 AM »

So reassuring to know I am not going crazy and others are feeling the same scary symptoms. But why don't the vast majority of doctors  acknowledge these symptoms as hormonal in origin? Why do so many doctors put it down to "Generalised anxiety Disorder"? From reading extensively on this site, I doubt we can all be anxiety prone! We are just normal women...aren't we?

Dorothy

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »

Mine are very definitely diet-related - I've gone from being able to eat & drink anything to having almost zero tolerance of caffeine and sugar.  It lasts anything up to a couple of hours, so really not worth eating that chocolate or biscuit!  I also get it when I am stressed, but that usually goes when the stress goes.
Pages: 1 [2]