Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: New to HRT and puzzled!  (Read 2671 times)

Marf

New to HRT and puzzled!
« on: May 30, 2015, 11:45:55 AM »

Hi,
I'm hoping there may be someone with a bit more experience of this than me!  After years of horrid symptoms and trying to address them seperately, I came to the conclusion it was hormonal and I needed to see a gynae. Which I did and he was great.  He prescribed Climagest 1mg which I have taken for the last 21 days.  The first four days I felt like I have morning sickness but it wore off and I had more energy yay!! But - since starting the white tablets I have been soooo tired, and have had a headache which just will not shift, plus I feel really 'flat', has this happened to anyone else? will it wear off? or will I have to change tablets.  I really need to take HRT to combat the other symptoms but am not sure about all this :-\ :-\ Thanks in advance xxxx

Limpy

Re: New to HRT and puzzled!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »

Hi Marf

Welcome to MM   :welcomemm:

I've not used Climagest so can't comment on that though I believe other ladies have experienced the same types of symptoms that you describe (not necessarily on Climagest)

Your symptoms may settle down in time, I believe that 3 months is the time usually advised before things settle down. Perhaps give it a little longer?

It may be worth seeing your gynae again and seeing what he recommends. A different HRT could suit you better, have a browse of the menus on the green bar on the top and see whats available.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 02:30:53 PM »

Some ladies don't do well on the 2nd part of treatment  :(.  You could chat with a Pharmacist or give the Consultant a ring?

:welcomemm:  have a browse round!

Being puzzled etc. is part of the Journey  ;D (we have threads on doing stupid things, 'there's a strange woman in my house' ……  :whist: )
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 02:32:31 PM by CLKD »

dazned

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 02:32:37 PM »

Hi and welcome

As Limpy said your body will take time to adjust,I take it the last white tablets are the progesterone part this could account for the tiredness,alot of us struggle with progesterone unfortunately,you need to give it time to settle first at least it has sorted some of your original symptoms and may well suit you given time. Good luck.

Marf

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »

Thank you so much for your answers.  Yes, I think I'll have to give it time and see what happens.  Having spent so long waiting to be fixed I suppose another few months isn't going to hurt!!! This site is amazing  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »

Yep - we have lots of topics, we even talk about menopause sometimes  ;)

Browse round, keep asking!

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:16:15 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM Marf
Do read up all the info on this site - especially about the different HRT preparations.  You are probably reacting negatively to the progesterone and I suggest you try Femoston 1/10 next as the progesterone is kinder and tends to suit many women very well. I'm afraid it tends to be trial and error till you find the right HRT. DG x
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 08:31:01 PM by Dancinggirl »

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 07:03:17 PM »

Hi Marf

:welcomemm: from me too!
Oh.. and I agree with Dancinggirl!  :)

Hurdity x