Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: strange toothpaste question!  (Read 4170 times)

rebelyell

strange toothpaste question!
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:24:17 AM »

Having lots of tooth/gum problems lately but have just started using new trial tube of Oral-B Pro-Expert and it appears to be stripping the inside layer of my mouth away!!  At least I hope it is the toothpaste - I could do without another health anxiety binge on strange mouth disease!   About half an hour after teeth clean I have weird white strands in mouth any my gums feel strange.  It is anti-bacterial and contans Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Hexametaphosphate [amongst loads of other stuff!].  Do people think this is the problem?  Will obviously stop using it!

rebelyell

Re: strange toothpaste question!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 10:40:36 AM »

Thanks - I will try Sensodyne Pro Enamel I think.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 10:58:34 AM »

I have switched to sensodyne , on recommendation from my dentist. I think I know what you are describing, I always likened it to egg white slithers! I dont think mine was toothpaste related but if changing gives you a sore mouth, don't use it
I always thought it was a deficiency in something

rebelyell

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 11:36:54 AM »

Yes it is like egg white!  I have now found that it is a common thing due to the active ingredient in the toothpaste!  Am a bit annoyed as it was a free sample from the hygienist...

Annie0710

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 11:44:16 AM »

Well I've learnt another thing today, it's happened to me for years, on and off !

libby1

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »

I get this too  :(

Does anyone use a toothpaste that doesn't cause this?

Libby
x

lindyloo

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 12:55:50 PM »

Me too!  Thought I was weird.....  Well!!! 😉

mazzy

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 04:04:21 PM »

I threw my sample away. Only used it once because I thought it tasted funny.  It had a chemical taste.  I use Colgate Pro Relief, which suits me fine.

Mazzy

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2015, 05:45:39 PM »

:-\  I HATE toothpaste, hate the taste, the texture ……… I would be taking it back to my hygienist pronto! and telling the Dental Surgery too ……… I didn't think that they were supposed to promote pastes  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »

My dentist gave me Colgate pro relief. Works fine for me.

babyjane

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »

Colgate Pro Relief is good, I used to use it  :)

I have recently changed to Sensodyne due to the SLS issue but that is my personal choice.  I have also changed to skin wash that does not contain SLS too.

Witches Cat

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »

Hello all, when I went to my dentist for my regular check-up I mentions bleeding gums when I floss, I used a sensitive toothpaste, but he suggested the oral B one mentioned, mine was blue gel that I was given as a sample, (Pro expert anti bac/flouride)I can't find that one in the shops but the one I do have is a sort of white with blue "gravel" in it... (Pro expert flouride) and I too find it makes the skin in my mouth come away in long strings... It's horrible, have just in the last few days gone back to my normal Colgate pro relief, sensitive one, because my gums still bleed when I floss even with the stuff he gave me. Apparently it's a meno/hormone thing that will probably sort itself out in time.

Dyan

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 04:26:25 PM »

I use Colgate pro relief which I find very good.