Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Forgotten first 4 days of utrogestan  (Read 7667 times)

Dandelion

Forgotten first 4 days of utrogestan
« on: May 01, 2015, 11:44:13 AM »

Hello Ladies

I forgot totally, the first 4 days of my progesterone.
I normallly take it vaginally but i've had a lot on my mind, and am waiting for an ADHD assessment as I just can't manage, too many different things to think about.

Should i just start taking them now (day 18 of my cycle) till day 28 so i can get ten days of utrogestan?

thanks

dazned

Re: Forgotten first 4 days of utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 12:53:04 PM »

I was told to take mine vaginally for the last 12 days of 28 cycle so if it was me I would do,apparently it is the sudden drop of progesterone that causes the bleed so you still should get one. At least that way you will still be sort of on track and keeping your lining thin.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

Just start the Utrogestan now and use it for 12 days as your would normally.  Some of us slightly adjust when we take the progesterone part so the withdrawal bleed comes at a more convenient time. You must remember the HRT is controlling things so you should just bleed a couple of days after you finish the Utrogestan as normal.
I keep a diary next to the bed that I can check everyday so I remember when to take things.
DG x

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »

I agree with DG. Mark in a diary or a calendar then you won't forget.

I need to write things down all over the place to remember what I'm doing and when.

Honeybun
X

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »

Dancingirl, I go on holiday in just over 3 weeks.

My mood really dipped and my anxiety came back when my withdrawl bleed started last weekend. These symptoms continued right through my bleed and didn't start to lift until 2 days after it finished. It was pretty grim. But I feel great again now  :)

If I stick to my sequi regime exactly, my bleed will start the weekend before I go on holiday, when I have loads to get done and need to deliver our children to my in laws who live 250 miles away. And I will fly the day my bleed finishes. If last month is anything to go by I'm likely to be riddled with anxiety until a couple of days into the holiday  ::)

Could I start taking my Utrogestan 3 days early which would mean my bleed should be finished a few days before I fly, so hopefully the first few days of the holiday won't be spoilt with anxiety/low mood.

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2015, 07:24:53 PM »

Hi

Thanks for all of your replies.
I always have my phone on me and I do have a reminder system where the word 'utro' pops up, but I still forget.
I will do as above though, so it's ok.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 08:40:33 AM »

GypsyRoseLee - I am certainly no expert but I have used separate oestrogen and progesterone for many, many years and I've always used the progesterone phase so my bleed would fall at a convenient time each month. I'm sure it won't make any difference if you start the Utrogestan a bit early.  The important thing is to make sure you shed your uterus regularly which is why you use progesterone. You haven't been taking the regime long so your body is still adjusting to the hormones and your anxiety may come under control in time. If it relieves your anxiety and gets your holiday off to a good start then moving things forward probably won't make any difference. DG x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 11:28:26 AM »

Thanks Dancingirl. I wouldn't have thought starting the Utro 3 days early would make that much of a difference, either.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »

I have a calendar - if it ain't on the calendar we aren't doing it  ;)

I look at the calendar evening and morning otherwise ……..

When's your appt.?