Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Balance Activ Menopause Moisture Pessaries Plus + Vagifem  (Read 12863 times)

Midnight Shadow

Balance Activ Menopause Moisture Pessaries Plus + Vagifem
« on: April 23, 2015, 05:07:32 PM »

Hi girls, didn't expect to be on here again so soon. Just wondering if anyone has used the Balance Active Menopause Plus pessaries in between using Vagifem. Thought my Atrophy had cleared up nicely, but it is back now. Think it is all stress related as I've had 3months with balance and vertigo problems. Can't wait to get back to work full time, but it is taking longer than I would like.
All replies would be welcome.

Maryjane

Re: Balance Activ Menopause Moisture Pessaries Plus + Vagifem
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »

Yes I use both and they are very soothing......the next day my vulva is almost pain free for the whole day. You can up the vagifem up to five times a week now if needed.

Annie0710

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 07:15:18 PM »

Ladies, I am on my 3rd week of vagifem (so 2/3 x weekly now) and replens 3 x weekly but could do with some help externally too, is this other one good ?

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:39 PM »

Thanks for the replies girls, nice to know we are not suffering on our own and can support each other. I used the Balance Active last night for the first time and am pleased to say it was quite soothing. I will continue with it along side Vagifem and keep you informed as to how it goes. It is good to know that the Vagifem can be increased. Thanks again.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2015, 07:36:53 PM »

You can up the vagifem up to five times a week now if needed.

What do you mean here Maryjane? This would give the same dose as the unavailable 2 x 25 mcg Vagifem of times past. I agree for many women this would be preferable but has there been some official sanction/recognition that 2 x 10 mcg is insufficient for many women? Would be great if so!

Hurdity  x

MrsMopp

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »

Annie, I use Ovestin cream for the external area.

Annie0710

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 07:55:36 PM »

Annie, I use Ovestin cream for the external area.

Mrs Mopp
Is it ok to use on romantic nights ?!!!
Or would I need to use it other nights?
I feel the vagifem is working , no UTIs and it's feeling more plump externally but I'm still uncomfortable wearing underwear and clothing

Maryjane

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 08:56:03 PM »

Babyjanes GP went to a lecture on HRTnand was told that up to 5 xs a week is allowed for those who need it.

rower

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

hi
Are we allowed to use vagifem 5 times a week now, how long has this been going on, i have been using vagifem since 2009 after my hysterectomy but was told 3 times is the max and that is with 10mg, she said it can cause breast cancer, so what has changed. i also use yes yes lubricant its great, had so much dryness and infections, i tried everything to no avail, but this is great, its expensive to buy, we brought it online which is a bit cheaper, but have now found out that you can get it on nhs prescriptions, which i will do next time as I'm 61 i will get it free, to those that are looking for something soothing, have a look on the website of yes yes, its comes with two oil based and water based and all the info is there very good.

Maryjane

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 02:32:25 PM »

It always used to be 25 twice a week anyway so 50 ......so they have gone back to how it was.....baby janes GP is the one who knows about the latest info.....there are ladies who use it every other night so one week it's x3 others its x4.

The GPs are stuck in there ways and do not think out of the box with a lot of things.

MrsMopp

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »

Annie, the ovestin contains oestrogen - it isn't a lubricant like Yes and Sylk.  Re. your question no I wouldn't use it on romantic nights!  I use it every other day in the morning externally near my episiotomy scar which has been giving me gyp of late.  I still need to use Yes on romantic nights (and mornings!) usually though since I've started on the HRT patches I have noticed that I don't always need to use lube  :)

I was on the 25mg Vagifem twice a week until it switched to 10mg.  Since that happened I have used 20mg twice a week.  It's possible my GP hasn't noticed how much I am using as it's not been queried.  She does however want me to stop using Vagifem and the Ovestin since I started on patches. I will be telling her that this is not what I want and hopefully she will listen (she appears to have minimal awareness of HRT and the meno).

Annie0710

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2015, 02:37:11 PM »

Thanks MrsMopp (love the name btw :))

Midnight Shadow

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2015, 05:25:44 PM »

Thought I would let you know that since using the Balance Active Menopause pessaries, I have been somewhat better. I am using them along side Vagifem, which I use only twice a week. The pessaries are very soothing and seem to be helping. Although a little expensive they are well worth a try. Hope this helps other people.