Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Wearing patch on bum/abdomen. Any difference?  (Read 4518 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Wearing patch on bum/abdomen. Any difference?
« on: April 29, 2015, 10:08:27 AM »

Wore my first 4 patches on my abdomen, then changed to wearing them on my bum for the last 3.

Just wondering will I absorb the oestrogen as easily through wearing it on my bum?

Thanks

honeybun

Re: Wearing patch on bum/abdomen. Any difference?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »

I put mine on my hip, then I'm not sitting on it. I also try to avoid underwear line to avoid rubbing. The flatter you can keep it the better I think.

Honeyb
x

Galadriel

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 11:13:19 AM »

I did the same thing as you GRL - the instructions said stick to abdomen but I felt it dumped oestrogen too quickly into my system so I asked the lovely ladies on here and my sis where they wear theirs and moved it to my butt cheek dimples or hip - felt loads better after doing this.  :) The skin is a little thicker on my butt so I think it controls the delivery better for me... hope this makes sense.

Galadriel x

marras

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:52:16 PM »

My gynaecologist put my first patch on for me on my abdomen and I have continued to  do so swapping sides and positions each time. After reading on here that lots of ladies put theirs on thei butt I've often wondered if I should do the same! ???

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »

Butt-cheeks all the way for me - have never put it anywhere else in 8 years..... haven't thought about differential absorption but have been completely happy with how it absorbs as far as I know.

Hurdity x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 08:08:43 PM »

I find abdomen easier. 
It's easier to see when putting the patch on, oh, and removing the gunk which remains when removing the patch. I do alternate between bum & abdomen the GP who initially prescribed them did suggest abdomen as being the first place to try. However, last time I saw her, she did stress alternating between front and back and side to side.

Joyce

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 09:14:55 PM »

I rotate from bum & tum.

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 09:16:56 PM »

I have never used my tum. After three kids and three C sections it's a bit....um well not taught  ;D

My hip is much better and I can see what I'm doing.

Honeybun
X

Greenfields

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 10:56:17 AM »

Has anyone tried it on their thigh area?  I was thinking of putting it on my upper thigh area for my next patch on Friday as it would be easier to apply - but I hadn't thought about the impact of absorption - does where you put it make that much of a difference?  The first one I put on my butt cheek but had a devil of a job doing it and I would like to put it somewhere easier to apply.