Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: sudden itchy sole of foot, then replaced by pain?!  (Read 19800 times)

Limpy

Re: sudden itchy sole of foot, then replaced by pain?!
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2015, 01:51:56 PM »

I'me a bit surprised that oestrogen being "a bit high" would cause a flare up of ME.

With MS, a drop in oestrogen is what causes flare ups!
Pregnant women with MS rarely get relapses, however, once they've given birth, MS recurs with a vengeance.

oldsheep

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »

yes, me too. When I wasn't yet on HRT, my M.E was terrible and I had total insomnia. I remember the doc (male) telling me that he probably had a higher oestrogen level! I imagine it's something that varies from day to day though, maybe even time of day?
Although I know Evorel is supposed to give you an even dose. I'm on the 75mg patches.
Can't say I felt any of the supposed boost from oestrogen either!

the sunshine certainly helped this afternoon though. Think I need to live in a warmer climate! My health was a lot better when I spent 2 years in France.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »

Talking of France we haven't heard from Meggie recently  :-\

I think sunshine brightens up most Souls ……. especially if we can get into it for a while. 

oldsheep

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2015, 01:18:40 PM »

had to go for a smear test today and the nurse took b.p. It's very low compared to normal. 110/63. She seemed delighted, but I know it's usually nearer 140/75. I'm so tired and a bit woozy.
Possibly still part of the M.E story, don't know. I assume the GP would've noticed if my thyroid test was hypo. I'm usually on the border line of normal (just above so they don't treat). I'll have to get out the sexy support stockings I think  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »

The support stockings won't be seen by anyone else will they  :P

Limpy

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »

I assume the GP would've noticed if my thyroid test was hypok  ::)

That would be nice
However, Oldsheep, please don't assume GPs (or any other Drs for that matter) always think or pay attention to what they're doing

oldsheep

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2015, 02:33:00 PM »

well, that depends CLKD  ;). I hope they give me some of my missing va va voom  :scottie:

No, Limpy, I agree. If this goes on, I'm going to go back to ask just about thyroid. He did read the results on his screen as I'd been called back to discuss allegedly high oestradiol. It was 223 or something. He said don't worry. I rang the meno clinic, and the nurse told me that that no is entirely normal and why didn't they know that....sigh.
I do still have enormous fatigue, might just all be M.E of course.

CLKD

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2015, 02:44:27 PM »

Could be the M.E..  With lots of meno rubbish thrown in  >:(

oldsheep

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2015, 08:58:52 AM »

went for my first proper swim yesterday, despite the damn bit of spotting (it's there, just not much touch wood).
Towards the end I got cramp. This time in my foot. I did my last 50m length with just my arms as my left foot was stuck at right angles to my body  ;D  This despite drinking half a glass of lite energy drink before swimming.
Still, the sun came out and when I swim (freestyle) I can see the light playing on the bottom of the pool. I had a whole lane to myself, which doesn't happen often as unfortunately they keep letting other people into MY pool  ;D. Bliss.

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2015, 03:39:02 PM »

BBRRRR ………. can't be doing with the getting there, undressing, swimming, drying etc.  ::)
Cramp can be caused by a lack of salt  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]