Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Not had a period yet.  (Read 2617 times)

pepperminty

Not had a period yet.
« on: April 20, 2015, 07:50:17 AM »

Hi , I was wondering if someone could advise me on when I should expect my period on sequential HRT. I am on femeston 1/10 and have been taking it for 1 month. I am due to start my second pack today and no sign of a period. I have only had one period this year in February, last year I was regular, ( I started the HRT in March). I have noticed that the HRT has balanced my moods, but my joint aches have increased considerably. My hands are feeling arthritic (only started to be this bad on HRT) whether this is a coincidence I don't know. I am not sure whether I need to up the dose I am taking as my energy levels are still extremely low , whereas when I was on prempac c last year,( my aches vanished ) but the progesterone did not agree with me so I stopped taking it. My back is throbbing and my legs and arms feel like I have run a marathon . Any advice , would be welcome. many thanks Pepperminty x

dahliagirl

Re: Not had a period yet.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 08:50:48 AM »

I had aches on elleste duet, on the progestogen part of it.  I was taking it to get rid of the aches, but by the third month it was insufferable.

I changed to femoston and was achy for the first month, then it gradually subsided.

However, at the same time, my test results for arthritis came back with a low vitD level and I started taking higher dose over the counter vit D3.  It is hard to tell what it was that helped!  My money is on the vit D, but if I take my hrt late, I ache for a couple of days - it is probably a matter of getting several things lined up to get the best effect.  Exercise also helps.

Since it is probably the time of the year that vit D levels are at their lowest, is it worth taking a walk in the sun every day, and some supplements?

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:55:59 AM »

Also, if you look at the Treatments/for perimenopause tabs above, you can look up prempak and femoston. 

I suspect they are not the same amount of oestrogen.  If you needed to change the progestogen, the oestrogen should have remained the same dose and type, otherwise you cannot work out what has gone right or wrong (as with my vitD/progestogen dilemma).  Back to the doctor?  ::)

Dancinggirl

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:41:12 AM »

Hi pepperminty
The withdrawal bleed usually starts 2-4 days after you stop the progesterone stage - so this will be when you have started the new pack of pills.
Aches and pains tend to take bit of time to settle so it may 3 months before you get the full benefit but I do recommend some Omega 3 and vitamin D to help with this.
I do agree with dalhliagirl - I'm aching a lot at the moment and I think it's the end of the winter and my body needing some warmth and sunshine.  DG x

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:52:57 AM »

HI , thanks Dahliagirl,and Dancinggirl, thank you for the advice. it is really helpful to know what others are experiencing. I do try to get out in the sun everyday , now that we have some! I take multi vits everyday and omega 3 and garlic. Yes you are right , I am on the lower oestrogen dose on the femeston 1/10 and previously I was on the medium dose on prempac . I therefore need to be on femeston 2/10 to be on the same oestrogen . Perhaps that is the problem ? maybe the higher dose would counter act the progesterone effect,(as the progesterone stays the same).  I feel about 148 not 48 at the moment. I realise its a balancing act , but it's difficult to know exactly what to balance where. I am ok with the odd side effect that doesn't effect quality of life significantly , such as sore boobs , the odd headache , a bit of aching, the odd bit of panic and the odd teary moment etc , as nothing is perfect. But my aches are quite significantly worse. I wasn't sure when my period would start , so thank you , as I now know it is to come! I have a suspicion that I may need more oestrogen. I think the ladies here are more clued up than many of the GP's . Mine didn't think it was possible to get side effects on the progesterone phase when I told him I was going potty on prempac last year.

best wishes perrminty x