Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: my cycle is a mess  (Read 2372 times)

tilly71

my cycle is a mess
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »

:-\ I had a period last week after 6weeks, it lasted 3 days, then 2 days later I ovulated, this means I will have another period in 2weeks  :-\ I have been peri meno for a year but its not been this close before, has anybody else experienced this? Feeling drained

Dancinggirl

Re: my cycle is a mess
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 05:13:14 PM »

It's difficult to know when you ovulate but it's very typical to have erratic periods through peri stage and this can go on for some years.  I had back to back periods quite a bit through peri. DG x

tilly71

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »

I know 100% that I'm ovulating as I have always suffered with mittelschmerz (ovulation pain)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 05:40:18 PM »

It's not always certain that you will have a period even though you ovulate tilly. In peri you can release an unhealthy egg and your hormone levels wont rise. This might explain it a bit better - I had it stored in my bookmarks - http://www.ion.ac.uk/information/onarchives/perimenopause

Taz x

tilly71

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 05:58:44 PM »

Thank you Tax, that was really interesting, I understand better now  :) there's so much going on

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »

Glad it may have helped. It's so strange when a body we have known for years suddenly starts behaving in a different way! It's amazing how much of my life was ruled by my cycle and I always knew exactly where I was as regards being able to make clear decisions and cope with stressful times - i.e. not in the ten days before a period!!

Taz x

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »

OMG Taz  :o

I think this is exactly what I have been suffering from. I've been getting months where my mood just doesn't seem to rise at all, just stays very flat and grey and the anxiety is there bubbling in the background all month too. Then I just get a very, very light 'period'.

I bet my body releases an unhealthy egg, and that's why I don't get the normal 'oestrogen rise & high' that I was used to getting.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 07:21:11 PM »

Hi Tilly

Same for me. Some months I think I ovulate as early as day 9. This month I know I'm ovulating and it's day 19.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 07:27:28 PM »

Taz I was just the same. Knew my cycle down to the very hour. Always knew when I ovulated (because I felt on top of the world) and was always braced for PMS from about Day 18 (and avoided anything social/important on days 22-27). Period would start of Day 28. Regular as clockwork.

These last few months it's all gone pear shaped. I can have zero PMS, but then become very, very low and anxious on the day my period starts. I can even feel very down when I ovulate. Conversely I can feel very bright and cheerful on days 18 through to whenever my period starts (could be day 24-30, who knows???).

So I no longer know where I am, or how I will be feeling. Can't plan ahead or predict anything anymore.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this HRT will help regulate me again, so that I can predict better. And hopefully my symptoms won't be anywhere near as severe (crossing fingers tightly).

robotwars

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »

I know the feeling - I have no idea anymore when im due on, last year I was only going 10days in between periods, this continued for a year, now I have had only one period since Christmas....... no idea what's going on!!! LOL

dahliagirl

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:26:45 PM »

I kept reading that you missed periods, then had a heavy one because you missed one, then that would happen more often until your periods stopped.

In reality, it is just a confusing mess for x number of years with random periods.  I am not sure it will ever stop, and when it does, the hormones don't just stop  ::)

Bedtime for me  :hotflash: