Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Didn't sleep a wink. Dreadful night after first Utrogestan. Help!  (Read 9903 times)

SueRoe

Re: Didn't sleep a wink. Dreadful night after first Utrogestan. Help!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 06:54:48 PM »

GypsyRoseLee, what you say about a good, normal month followed by a rotten one rang a bell. I think what I read was that progesterone is released/produced by the ripe follicle at ovulation and this causes the level of oestrogen to fall during the second half of the month (a normal cycle). If you don't ovulate (as happens in some months in perimenopause) there is no egg/follicle to release/produce progesterone and cause the level of oestrogen to fall. The resulting sustained high level of oestrogen in months when you don't ovulate can make you feel rotten. Hence feeling fine some months and dreadful in others. You might find the following useful in explaining what's happening with your hormones  www.ion.ac.uk/information/onarchives/perimenopause 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:57:26 PM by Freda »

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 07:14:27 PM »

Thank you so much for that Freda. I'm pretty sure something similar has happened to me quite recently. A  month where I felt consistently grim throughout with no reprieve, and I didn't feel like I'd ovulated (can usually tell with libido and vaginal discharge, sorry if that's too much information) but I DID still have a very light bleed at the end.

But I was told that if I had a light bleed then I MUST have ovulated that month. All very confusing  :-\

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 07:23:09 PM »

That article is so informative Freda  :)

I suspect I might have released a dud, shrivelled up old egg this month hence me feeling grim and my mood just not picking up. Whereas last month I think I must have produced a much better quality egg, and so felt much better and more 'normal' all month.

SallyG

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 07:46:31 PM »

Hi Gypsy Rose Lee,
I do emphathise. sorry about spelling but brain suffering from lack of sleep for the last decade!!

I am taking Serina gel i sachet a night rubbed in to upper leg and then an utrogen capsule. I also take citilapran and menopace vitamins and Red clover. Its all made me feel better but has taken a year since first low mood symptoms really kicked in. But hang on in there and keep fighting for your health. We are from a generation who won't take it lying down and that bodes well for other women coming up to peri menopause etc.

Hugs

SallyG

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:35 PM »

Thank you Sally  :)

I take Menopace vitamins too. But have stopped the Red Clover now I am on HRT. Didn't know if they are contra indicated? One thing is for sure I have been very vocal in telling all my friends about the possible menace of peri menopause. Have a couple of friends reporting feeling neurotic and down since coming into their 40s. I am sure it's their hormones.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:04 AM »

Such a Trial and Error ain't it  :-\>:(

How are you this morning?

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 01:26:16 PM »

Hi CLKD  :)

Well I decided to stop being such a wuss and put another patch on at tea time and took my Utro at bedtime. However, just to be safe I did indulge in taking 5mg of diazepam too. I just couldn't afford another night with zero sleep as I am on a complex training course today and needed to feel alert.

I very rarely resort to diazepam. But it did its job and I slept well. Still annoying awake at 6am though.

So feel better and more rested today. Ignore what I said yesterday I AM going to carry on wearing the patch and taking the Utro, and just soldier through this. When I have anxiety, and then a night of zero sleep I tend to go to pieces a bit and post a lot of panicky nonsense  ;D

But at the end of the day I need to get this HRT into my system. And the best guarantee against insomnia is giving myself oestrogen I think?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 09:11:50 PM »

>PHEW< ……. take the Valium as necessary!  Get into a new routine and you will feel better with some sleep.

sammy

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2015, 05:50:27 AM »

Wow GRL, i have been in your same shoes.   Totally relate to what you are experiencing, and know how bad it is and how tough it is to get through.

I also was on and off HRT two different times. In the end I decided it just wasn't working for me.

Are you able to exercise? I put myself on a program, a rather severe one, the required at least one hour of walking per day. When I first started I was so exhausted, having not slept properly for months, that I thought I would fall down after my first walk. But I stayed with it.

In the end it was the yoga classes that brought me out of the trouble. The breakthrough came when I fell sleep in the class!   Since then I carry-on doing yoga three times a week.

I no longer have a crappy anxiety. I am getting plenty of sleep. I hope it holds up. Anyway consider every option and try everything because you just don't know what will work for you.
Pages: 1 [2]