Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: From pill to patch  (Read 7476 times)

Annie0710

Re: From pill to patch
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 02:19:13 PM »

It's my headache Dazned, I've still got it from Tuesday night :-(
Xx

dazned

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »

Maybe the headaches stem more from your eye sight problems rather than the meno or possibly a combination ? :-\

Annie0710

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »

I looked up possible side effects from the patch and migraine was there and it said to stop immediately

I get headaches but nothing like this, it's non stop, gp said it takes 72 hrs for the patch to leave my body, that's most of my weekend away, there's 15 of us going and I'm getting phone calls galore because they're all excited and I feel terrible if I can't join in anything
Xx

Sunnydays

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 06:11:40 PM »

Hi Annie,
My meno situation is a bit different to yours but I too have a headache and would like to add my two penneth worth!
Firstly the vagifem - pleased you've finally got this, I'm sure it will help with the UTIs
Re hrt patches, I've just started femseven conti, cutting it in to a quarter. I've just posted elsewhere about the headache. When I first tried this one a few months back I went straight into a full patch and I started with nausea and headache that became so severe I just took the darn thing off and didn't use it again till now. So I'm on a minute quarter dose and my headache started Tuesday - I don't know if it's the hrt or sinus, all I know is it hurts and I'm fed up.
When I removed the full patch it was less than 72 hours before the headache went so I'm sure you'll feel better for your weekend. All the best :))

Annie0710

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2015, 07:31:59 PM »

Hi Annie,
My meno situation is a bit different to yours but I too have a headache and would like to add my two penneth worth!
Firstly the vagifem - pleased you've finally got this, I'm sure it will help with the UTIs
Re hrt patches, I've just started femseven conti, cutting it in to a quarter. I've just posted elsewhere about the headache. When I first tried this one a few months back I went straight into a full patch and I started with nausea and headache that became so severe I just took the darn thing off and didn't use it again till now. So I'm on a minute quarter dose and my headache started Tuesday - I don't know if it's the hrt or sinus, all I know is it hurts and I'm fed up.
When I removed the full patch it was less than 72 hours before the headache went so I'm sure you'll feel better for your weekend. All the best :))

Aw thankyou, I phoned the out of hours surgery and a gp called me back and sent me to the hospital, I saw such a lovely paramedic who has given me 10x codeine

He said take 2 straight away and he reckons I won't need anymore as like you said he thinks although it takes 72 hrs to get out of system my headache will ease first. I feel better knowing I've got something stronger if god forbid it come back

But I'm more positive now, and as soon as it's eased I'll do my nails and pack and hopefully can join in the family's excitement.  My grandchildren are going too again this year so there's more reason to feel energetic
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 08:41:59 AM »

I had a nightmare
The codeine made me shaky and spaced out but in a scary way
Headache returned but seemed worse, how I packed for our weekend away I'll never know, the car journey was making me worse and near Norwich I completely broke down and cried I can't take this pain anymore, or the nausea

OH detoured to A&E and said it's surely not right to have one this long ?
Doc prescribed anti nausea pills that we had to drive to find a pharmacy but on the way I was sick (not much because I'd hardly eaten since Tuesday) but once I'd finished the nausea went and within a couple of hours the entire headache had gone !

Xx

Sunnydays

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 09:25:44 AM »

I'm glad it's gone at last Annie. My headache has faded away, but I think it's to do with sinus, or possibly neuralgia.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend :))

dazned

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 12:13:06 PM »

Sounds horrible Annie0710 !

Hopefully it won't return and you can enjoy the rest of your break x

Annie0710

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 05:14:22 PM »

Thanks ladies
I've had a good day, still no real appetite but that's how it's been for a few weeks now, my size 8 jeans (what I was before this menopause malarkey) are getting loose

I think I had 2 hot flushes today. I've never had them before but we were walking into Yarmouth with our coats and scarves on when I got a bit breathless, nothing worrying as I'm asthmatic but got hot, I started removing the coat and scarf and OH said as we were holding hands that they went quite quick from cold to hot ! Then about 1/2 hr later I had the same thing, a tiny bit whoozy feeling then really hot, but overall I've had such a good day and my energy levels seem better than done of the youngsters with us today !

I'm ready to party tonight lol
I can't remember the last time I've felt like this and want the feeling to last forever.
Tomorrow the oestrogen is officially out of my body (took patch off Thursday morning)
I'm just hoping I can manage the next 3-4 weeks hormone free for these blood tests

It has to have been, and still must be horrible for my OH to see the changes in me, but last night he told my daughter he wants to marry me, we've discussed it but I've been honest and said I'm not up to being centre of attention for a whole day and night and he's said he will wait until I'm ready, and we've had the chat re vaginal dryness as our sex life has gone down the pan over the last few years and he said he's not about that, he understands and wants me better first !

He's an absolute gem and I can't wait for the day I feel up to becoming his wife
Xx

dazned

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »

:congrats:

How lovely for you ! When's the party !  ;D

Annie0710

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 05:29:13 PM »

I had a few drinks last night but knew my limits, so I'll have a few more tonight and tomorrow as one of my other nephews is turning up tonight til Monday. It's a heavy weekend but I just love being around my brothers, my grown up children , grandchildren and nephews and nieces

My mum and dad started this tradition off nearly 40 years ago and even though they've passed away we still do it and raise a glass to them xx
Pages: 1 [2]