Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Anxiety - an Observation  (Read 20956 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety - an Observation
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2015, 12:41:13 PM »

Off to do a 'search' !  Sounds like a mouth wash  ;D

dahliagirl

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2015, 12:51:36 PM »

Yes my are worse mornings to,I definitely put it down to cortisol!
Cortisol is at it highest production rate early morning,this = adrenaline,this then = anxiety ! They are all hormones which react on each other like domino effect . The body is like a very,very high tuned car engine if one thing is out of balance the whole thing comes down like a house of playing cards !  :-\

Maybe that is where the early morning run comes in (hates running  :o )

dazned

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »

Yes if you have to have a blood test for cortisol ,I have ,you have to get to hospital first thing and tell them what test you are having so they can get you in first because it's at its highest early morning.

dazned

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

Oh and interesting you may be asked to stop taking estrogen before test as it can cause interference ! So all hormones are linked together and rely on one starting then that in turn fires the others off ! Just like a stack of dominoes ! Cortisol plays a part in stress response.

dazned

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 01:36:36 PM »

Again forgot to say low estrogen causes raised levels of cortisol maybe explaining why some of us experience anxiety,when you eat cortisol levels decrease.

babyjane

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 01:42:07 PM »

when you eat cortisol levels decrease.

now that really is interesting as for a short time after a meal my jittery feelings subside.  I put it down to blood sugar levels.

dazned

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 02:07:18 PM »

They are linked babyjane. ;)

Dandelion

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »

Great post Kathleen

I also agree, menopausal anxiety is unique.
You wake up and you start worrying about things that, often, aren't even a problem, but you get that stomach churning feeling when you wake.
The only anxiety I can compare it to is when I was tapered off diazepam through my doctor, and I suffered anxiety as part of the withdrawal symptoms.
I get anxiety as part of who I am, but never like meno or tranquiliser withdrawal type anxiety, it is definitely diffferent.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »

I don't have anywhere 'safe' to run any more  :'( now that panic attacks take over when I'm at home

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »

Dandelion, the only time I have experienced a similar sort of anxiety is when I had PND. The anxiety then was crippling and felt very similar. But as that was also hormonally caused it's perhaps not surprising.

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 03:21:57 PM »

But the BIG question is...does HRT stop the anxiety? If it does then I will gladly take it.

dazned

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 03:35:03 PM »

When I first experienced it badly 4 years ago hrt stopped it straightaway ! This time when it reappeared hrt needed changing but struggling to get it sorted,guess because 4/5 years older hormones are much more depleted!

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2015, 03:41:04 PM »

Hope you don't mind me asking Dazned but were you still having periods 4 years ago? And had you ever experienced anxiety before?

dazned

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2015, 05:14:25 PM »

No I don't mind you asking,nothing's sacred nowadays !  ;D

I was 49 still having periods regularly,totally normal woman then ,out of the blue for absolutely no reason I became nauseous,horrendous panic attacks,palpitations,anxiety,I was off work for about 4 months ! Took me that length of time to go through all the doctors at my surgery then to finally get one to agree it was hormonal! Most wanted me to have ADs,I wouldn't,well I tried a few mainly to placate them ,couldn't get on with them. One doctor even wrote me a prescription for an asthma inhaler which he said was why I had a tight chest and feeling of not being able to breath properly! It wasn't !
Eventually started hrt symptoms all went ! Back to work happy bunny,until now symptoms started to creep back end of last year so trying to get hrt tweaked which has been a roller coaster to say the least . Thought it would be easy as I struck lucky with first hrt. :-\
Just started another one this weekend so we will see but I must say the mirtazapine has stabilized me somewhat . If this new regime seems to suit I will attempt to stop taking mirtazapine, if symptoms come back I will continue mirtazapine,if hrt this time doesn't suit me I will stop the hrt and see if I can cope without it just the ADS! If that doesn't work guess it's back to the drawing board !

Dandelion

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2015, 05:40:33 PM »

@CKLD sorry you suffering so bad, are on hrt? do you mind me asking?

@gypsyroselee I never had PND but it sounds a nightmare. HRT has stopped most of my flushes and bed sweats, but I still get bad moods and anxiety, I'm going on a stronger dose in a couple of weeks so we will see how that goes. Prof Studd said in the Daily mail that anxiety is harder to deal with than depression in menopausal women, and standard antidepressants don't work.
Mine aren't working, Ive been weaning off them, was on 300mg trazodone, now on 50mg, going down....

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:43:08 PM by Dandelion »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7