Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Feeling rotten..anxiety again..  (Read 16154 times)

GypsyRoseLee

Re: Feeling rotten..anxiety again..
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:16 PM »

Hi Jedigirl

I feel exactly the same. Hate the way it just leaps up out of nowhere. I was feeling great 2 weeks ago, then BOOM my period arrived and have felt so low, anxious and despondent ever since. Which makes no sense at all. I should have been feeling 'good' since my period started??? I have had a couple of 'good' days in between. Mine's worse today because I didn't sleep at all last night. Joy.

Doesn't your HRT help at all?

jedigirl

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »

Yes HRT does help, dread to think what I'd be like without it. Last year before I went on it was a very bleak time when I couldn't work, eat , had to have my 75 year old mother round to look after the kids. It was horrendous. The HRT has given me alot back but bad days still crop up, I think because my own cycle is still in play underneath.
Hope you sleep better tonight. xxx

Dulciana

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2015, 08:50:52 PM »

Dulciana  How did your service go?
Thank you for asking, jedigirl.  I didn't come a-cropper, or have an attack of nerves, or get muddled (all the things I was scared of!).   I did go into post-mortem mode when I got back, and started worrying about what people thought, even though people seemed appreciative.   Stupid, really, but so very "me" these days - (poor Hubby!) - I've always got to have something to worry about.   It took me lunch, a glass of wine, a kip down on the bed with the radio on, and finally a cup of tea to shake myself out of the dumps...............!  ???

GypsyRoseLee

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2015, 08:55:20 PM »

Hi Jedigirl, it sounds like you had it rough? It wouldn't surprise me if your own cycle was still trying to muscle in on your HRT induced calm. I expect the same will happen to me once I'm established on HRT? My symptoms seem to strong I can't believe they will just quietly fade away forever?

I'm hoping I sleep better too (fingers crossed).

Janelouise

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »

As a long term anxiety sufferer I feel your pain. It's so horrible it disrupts your life. The menopause has heightened my dreaded anxiety and I feel for you and everybody else because the symptoms can be so delibilating . Mornings are my worst time! I cry and have panic attacks but this usually settles by the afternoon. I worry all day long about my young grandchildren even though I know they are ok I think its because I miss them so much and the missing them has got worst since the menopause... what hurts me most though with my anxiety is not being able to go and see them when I want because my damn silly anxiety wont let me leave the house and I get so upset as I miss them like crazy. My daughter does pop down though every two weeks or so with them but then I cry when they leave as I never want them to go..silly me lol

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2015, 10:10:40 PM »

I had problems leaving the house in the 1990s  :'(.  The GP has given me various medications which help.  But sometimes its' easier to go back to bed or sit in the garden than face the World: either because the anxiety has floored me or because it might 'start' …….

I've tried deep breathing.  Music.  Relaxation therapy, all helped at the time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]