Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Funny type headaches  (Read 2921 times)

Sphere27

Funny type headaches
« on: April 07, 2015, 04:37:19 PM »

Hi
I've been changed to higher dose oestrogen and utrogestan a few weeks ago now. I was happy on
Femoston Conti before but seem to take a crash in hormones with horrid anxiety etc and was having tingly type headaches!!
3-4 weeks on still don't feel my usual self and have these daily headaches which are mainly on left side and feel like small electric shocks!! Sounds mad and hard to explain but looking for some
Voice of assurance!! Will this get better and is it connected with
Was hoping I would feel better by now!! Feel so flat and yuck!!
Thanks all x

Hurdity

Re: Funny type headaches
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 04:47:31 PM »

Hi Sphere

Sorry to hear you are feeling rough - headaches are unpleasant are'nt they as they interfere with being able to get on with life.

What dose are you on now and what were you on before? Remind us where you are in meno and how old and whether you are on daily progesterone?

It could be the HRT affecting you - of course any persistent headaches need to be checked out with the doc but unfortunately these can be an undesirable side-effect.

Hurdity x

Sphere27

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 05:22:40 PM »

Hi hurdity
IM 3 years nearly since last period. I'm 50 years old. Started HRT last April on kliovance but the
Prog in that made me very moody and pmt like. Changed to femoston and was great. Felt fab again. In March there suddenly felt awful. Had a really bad headache and anxiety and moody!! Severe headache subsided but was left with this tingly type since. Gp didn't seem too concerned. BP etc all ok. Dr Currie suggested estradoil 2 mg and utrogestan 100 as similar to the femoston but more oestrogen. I was hoping for same transformation as last time!! I know only few weeks. I'm still moody and these headaches are annoying. They not agony but totally aware of them. Thanks

CACEY

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:41 PM »

Hi Sphere, try not to worry, I am the same as you, keep crashing after a few good weeks, I have been told to increase my patch slowly from 50 to 100, whilst it has only been two days on 75, my headache has certainly eased, although I also have the funny tingling tight sensation in my head, different but certainly not as bad as it was two days ago... Hope that helps. Cacey x

Sphere27

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:12:31 PM »

Thanks Casey
Yes always good to hear that in not only one. Sorry for you of course.
Comforting you get these type headaches too. Hopefully will ease soon,
Only taken tabs few weeks. It's so unfair as my friend glowing on Her HRT
With no side effects. I'm jealous!! We will get there.
Thanks so much x